Arrangement

Summary: You're forced to marry a royal guard even though you're a criminal.
Word count: 2.1k
A/n: Set in medieval times kinda.

This is where it all ends. With marriage. To a royal guard, out of all the people. A forced marriage between a criminal and a royal guard.

But this is the only way you could have guaranteed protection. Over the years of you stealing, killing, fighting, screwing other people over you've acquired a certain number of enemies.

Someone gave away your location and the royal guards showed up, ready to take you in for a lot of different crimes. You tried to fight them off which dug you into deeper shit. The Captain guard or whatever managed to get you into his grasp.

He brought you to the king who would decide what public execution you would face. But when the king saw you, he couldn't go through with it due to the ties you have to his wife.

Instead, he came up with a plan that would surely keep you off the streets and under the watch and protection of his best royal guard.

Marriage to James Buchanan Barnes.

And that's exactly what's happening.

You're standing in front of a priest with your soon to be husband next. The marriage was supposed to happen as soon as possible and in private to avoid any objections or problems. You look to your right and see the king and queen standing side by side, arms entangled.

"Please join hands," the priest says as he motions to the both of you and your head snaps to him before looking at the jackoff who turns to face you with his hands out for you to take. You look up to see he has the same unamused expression on his face, matching your own.

You glance over at the queen who has a stiff expression, like she's bitting back something to say. "You're really going to force me to do this?" You ask her and she opens her mouth the say something, but the king speaks over her.

"It's this, or death," he says.

"Fuck me," you say and they all gasp, including the priest. "Shit, I'm sorry," you slip again causing them to look at you with wide eyes and you to cringe as you place your hands on his.

"Do you... name please?" The priest asks.

"Ben... Dover," you say.

"Do you Ben Dover— are you serious," the priest sighs and the queen bites back a smile as the king speaks up. "Her name is y/f/n, my apologies father," he says.

The priest nods his head and turns his attention back to you and him. "Do you, y/f/n, plead yourself to be James Buchanan Barnes devoted wife... to nurture him, and love him through sickness and health... to head his every request, and listen to all his worries...until death parts the both of you?"

You look over at the queen and she gives you a sad smile. Rolling your eyes, you look back at the jackoff and everything starts to pile on your shoulder. Tears start to climb their way up in your eyes, desperately wanting to be let free and fall down your cheeks, but you don't let them. You don't want to seem weak and vulnerable in front of your soon to be husband.

Not when you're anything but weak and vulnerable.

"Yep, I do," you say, reluctantly.

The priest turns his attention to the man that you don't know standing next to you. "Do you, James Buchanan Barnes, plead yourself to be y/f/n devoted husband... to protect her, and love her through sickness and health... to worship her everyday, and listen to all her worries...until death parts the both of you?"