One More Chance

Summary: You're mad at Bucky, and he's trying to make things better.
Word count: 1.4k

Bucky walks into the kitchen and sees you making dough for cookies. "Hey doll," he says cautiously and you ignore him. "You still mad?"

"You still a jackass?" You ask and he frowns as he shakes his head. "I'm done being one," he says as he walks up to you. "I'm sorry for not doing what you asked."

"Clean the bathroom. That's all I wanted you to do," you say and he nods his head as he tries to grab your hand, but you pull away. "Why can't you just do one thing I asked for?"

"I'm sorry, doll. I really am. I was just having a bad day and I was tired from work—"

"I'm tired everyday! I have the same stressful job, it's not just you. And being on medical leave for getting shot is making me go insane and putting me in a slump. But guess what James, I still take care of your ass. I cook you dinner, I clean up your shit off of the floor. I feed alpine while you just sit on your ass watching tv," you say.

"I know, I'm really sorry doll. I'll go clean the bathroom right now if you want," he says.

"No that's not what I want," you say and he nods his head as he looks at you. "Then what do you want?" He asks.

"I want you to care," you say and he frowns as he looks at you confused. "I do care," he says and you shake your head.

"No you don't. You use to. You use to come home and cook if I was have a rough day, you use to buy my flowers and hold me. You use to pick up your own shit and you would help me clean, even when I didn't ask you. Now I can't even get you to clean the fucking bathroom. It's like one day you woke up and decided to stop caring. I can't keep up with it. I can't keep doing this if you're not going to put in any effort," you say.

"Keep doing what?" Bucky asks with panic weaving in his voice.

"This," you say as you motion between you and Bucky. "I can't keep doing this if you're not willing to do what I ask."

"I'll do it. I'll do all of it, just don't leave me. Please... I don't— I don't want to lose you," he says as he tries to wrap his arms around you, but you stop him.

"You're already losing me..."

"No, I'll fix it. Please just give me one more chance," he says as he gets down on his knees as he begs you. "Please, I'll do anything you ask me to. Just don't leave me, I promise I'll make you happy again. Give me one more chance." A tear fall from his eyes as he looks up at you.

Tears gloss over your eyes as you look down at him. "I'm so tired," you whisper softly and he stands up and wipes away the tear sliding down your cheek. "I'm so tired," you repeat and he nods his head as he holds you against him.

"I'll make the cookies and make dinner. What do you want to eat?" He asks and you shrug as you nuzzle against his chest. "Pizza," you say, voiced muffled and Bucky nods his head as he kisses the top of your head.

"Okay, I'll order a pizza. You go lay down," he says and you shake your head as you tighten your grip around his back. "Just... hold me, please," you whimper.

Bucky bends down and picks you up bridal style before walking over to the couch and sitting down with you in his lap. He lays down on his back and holds you close to him as he drapes a blanket over to two of you.

You ended up falling asleep on the couch in Bucky's arms. Both of you forgetting about dinner or the cookies that still need to be baked. His whole world got out on paused the second he wrapped his arms around you.

He woke up around five in the morning and decided to call in sick. He knows how bad he's been messing up with you. He knows that you're on the verge of leaving him. He knows that you're not happy. He knows he has to do everything in his power to fix it.

Bucky stayed on the couch with you in his arms for two hours before he carefully got up and picked you up carefully. He carried you to your bedroom and tucked you in under the blankets before giving you a kiss to your forehead.

Softly, he stroked your hair back and looked at you lovingly. "I love you so much. I can't survive without you, doll," he whispers gently before kissing your cheek and leaving the room.

Grabbing a few things in the kitchen, he threw out the batch of cookies that had been left out overnight since they were no good now and started on a new one.

Once the dough was all made, he shaped them into hearts and placed them on a cookie sheet before putting them in the oven.

Grabbing cat food, he fills Alpines bowl up and lets him a few times as he eats. "I'm sorry for not feeding you," he says softly as Alpine eats his food.

He quickly started making batter for pancakes along with some of your other favorite breakfast treats. He wants to make you happy. He hates that you're mad at him and that you're tired. Especially because it's his fault. He hates himself for it.

Your eyes open and you realize your in your bed. Alone. You're not sure how you ended up here, or where Bucky is. So you slump back down and bring the covers over your face to drown out any light in the room.

You feel something small crawl over you, so you peek out and see Alpine walking over you. "Hi," you softly say and he meows as he lays down on your chest.

He starts to purr as you softly pet him. A small smile stretches across your face when you realize this is the most peace your mind has felt in a long time.

You look over at the door as Bucky walking in carrying a plate of food and a glass of orange juice. "Good morning doll," he says as he sets the glass on your nightstand and holds the plate for you while you carefully move Alpine and sit up.

"Thank you, but what are you doing here? Don't you have work?" You ask.

"I called in sick," he says as he softly strokes the side of your face.

"But you have to save the world," you pout and Bucky smiles as he leans down and kisses you. "I only care about you right now. You're my world," he whispers and you smile as you kiss him.

"Eat up doll. I gotta run to the store, but I'll be back soon," he says and kisses you one last time before leaving.

The rest of the week, but made dinner every night. Everyday after he came home from work, he brought you a bouquet of flowers and called it a new tradition. You had to tell him that he can't do it everyday because your house with overflow with flowers and you don't have enough vases. So the next day he brought you chocolate.

It's safe to say, you've been forgiving him little by little. Your happiness started to come back as your exhaustion faded away. Bucky was becoming your reason to get up in the morning, the reason to be happy, the reason to live.

"Good afternoon, love of my life," he says as he walks in the house to see you sitting on the couch with Alpine in your lap.

"Hi baby," you say and he leans down to kiss you and hand you a box of chocolates before going to change out of his work clothes and into something comfortable.

He sits next to you on the couch and pets Alpine as he wraps his arms around your shoulders. He kisses your cheek and neck as he plays with your hair. "I love you with every ounce of my soul," he says against your neck.

"I love you with every ounce of me, James," you say softly and he pulls back to look at you lovingly. "Your my heart, and my soul," you say.

"You're my everything. You're my whole world, you're my dream, you're my life, you're my only thoughts, you're mine," he says and you smile as you kiss him.

"I'm gonna spend the rest of my life making you happy," he says as he kisses your forehead, then lips.