I Hate You

Summary: You share a room with Bucky even though you hate him... but he doesn't hate you.
Word count: 1k

"Pick up your shit," you groan as you throw yet another one of Bucky's shirts at him. It lands on his head and he pulls it off to look at you. "Will you please calm down?" He asks.

"No, I'm trying to clean our room since you never do it. Have you noticed my side vs yours?" You gesture to your clean side and his trashed side.

"Don't hate the way I live until you try it, baby," he shrugs and you roll your eyes as you find a pair of his pants by your bed.

"Don't call me that, and keep your clothes on your side," you say as you throw the pants at him.

Hw catches them and tosses them over his shoulder to his side. "What should I call you then?" He asks as he walks over and lays on your bed.

"Nothing," you respond as you grab his legs and pull him off of your bed. "Ow, that hurt, nothing," he says and you push him towards his bed with your feet.

"Don't call me that," you say as you move to your closet to sort it and clean it.

"Well, now I'm confused. You don't want me to call you baby. You don't want me to call you nothin. I guess I'll just have to call you—"

"Y/n, just call me y/n," you say and Bucky groans as he stands up and leans against the wall. "But that's boring," he says and your head snaps up to him.

"Fuck off," you say before closing the closet door. Bucky opens it and you roll you eyes and sigh deeply.

"I'll call you doll," he says and when you don't say anything in response, he smiles with victory. "Alright then, doll, if you think you got this all covered, I'm gonna go and meet some friends," he says as he grabs his coat and leaves.

"Wait," you say, but he's already gone and you groan as you look at all the heavy shit you were gonna make him move.

You also have no idea where to put it. Bucky's bed is covered in random things, your bed isn't. You throw your head back and slip your shoulders as you sigh. "I can do it," you whisper as you go to grab one of the heavy boxes.

You bend down to get a good grip on it. "Lift with your legs," you say as you take a deep breath and lift it as best you can. You manage to get it up and rush over to your bed to lay it down as gently as you can.

Repeating this process, you manage to get all the heavy things on your bed in the span of two hours. Sure you took several long breaks in between and even had a small mental break down. But that's not important. What's important is that you got it done and accomplished.

The only problem is, now you don't have anywhere to sleep. You've been cleaning all day and by the time you were able to get to the boxes, it was nine. Now it's eleven and you're ready to pass out. Except you don't know where you can.

Bucky's bed is the only thing available and you're very skeptical about it, but at this point you're too tired. So you take all the random shit off of his bed and even find one of your bracelets. "Bastard," you mumble as you put it on your nightstand.

You get in his bed and pull the covers over you. Letting out a sigh, you get comfortable and close your eyes.

Around one, the door opened and caused you to wake up. You kept your back facing the door and didn't move when you heard Bucky, Steve, and Sam walk in laughing.

"Shhh," Bucky says as he notices you on his bed. You quickly close your eyes as he walks over to you and brushes some hair out of your face.

"Why is she in your bed?" Steve asks and Bucky shrugs as he looks over at your bed and sees it covered in boxes. He sighs as he looks back at you. "I was gonna move those, doll," he says as he softly brushes his hand down the side of your face.

He leans down to kiss your cheek. "I'm so proud of you," he whispers against your ear so Steve and Sam can't hear.

"So... are you ever gonna admit that you're in love with her?" Sam asks.

Bucky sighs as he looks at them before back at you. "She hates me. And not like a 'I hate you because I love you' it's a 'I hate you because I hate you'," Bucky says.

He shakes his head as you softly faces your lips with his thumb before pulling away and walking back over to Steve and Sam. "C'mon, let's go outside or something and let her sleep peacefully," Bucky says and they leave.

You open your eyes and look around in surprise at what Bucky said. "What the fuck?" You slump back down and decide to try and go back to sleep you.

About an hour later, Bucky comes back in and quietly changes before slipping in bed with you. He wraps his arms around you and you snuggle against his chest. His eyes widen and his body tenses when he realizes you're not asleep.

"Uh— how long have you been awake?" He asks as he nervously clears his throat and you shrug. "Just woke up when you came home," you say.

"So, like a few minutes?" He asks and you hesitate before nodding your head against his chest. "Yea, only for a few minutes," you say and Bucky's whole body relaxes as he takes a deep breath.

"Bucky?" You lean your head up to look at him and he looks down at you. "I hate you—"

"I know you do, doll," he says with a nod and a broken look in his eyes.

"I hate you because I love you," you say and Bucky freezes as he looks at you. Leaning up, you kiss his cheek before nuzzling into his chest and falling asleep.