five | evolution of the daleks

Start from the beginning

The human Dalek said, "Emergency temporal shift."

With a chuckle, the Doctor replied, "Oh, that must've roasted up your power cells, eh? Time was, four Daleks could've conquered the world! But instead, you're skulking away, hidden in the dark, experimenting. All of which results in you."

The human Dalek told him, "I am Dalek in human form."

The Doctor asked, "But what does it feel like? You can talk to me, Dalek Sec. It is Dalek Sec, isn't it, that's your name? You've got a name and a mind of your own. Tell me what you're thinking right now."

In turn, Dalek Sec said, "I feel humanity."

With a nod of his head, the Doctor said, "Good, that's good."

Then Dalek Sec told him, "I feel everything we wanted from mankind, which is ambition, hatred, aggression and war. Such a genius for war..."

With a shake of his head, the Doctor said, "No, that's not what humanity means."

Dalek Sec replied, "I think it does! At heart, this species is so very Dalek."

While Annabelle had only snorted to herself in response to Dalek Sec's words and had glanced behind herself to see that the Dalek was moving aside as the Doctor simply walked past it and Annabelle herself, the Doctor asked them, "Alright, so what have you achieved, then, with this Final Experiment, eh? Nothing! 'Cause I can show you what you're missing with this thing. A simple, little radio."

It was then that one of the other Daleks asked him, "What is the purpose of that device?"

With a mere shake of his head, the Doctor said, "Well, exactly. It plays music. What's the point of that? Oh, with music, you can dance to it, sing with it, fall in love to it. Unless you're a Dalek, of course. Then it's all just noise." As soon as Dalek Sec had let out a scream and brought his hands up to his head, the Doctor turned to the humans and yelled, "Run!"

And while the humans were quick to run away, one of the Daleks yelled, "Protect the hybrid!"

Then another Dalek yelled, "Protect! Protect! Protect!"

After seeing the way that the three Daleks now stood in front of Dalek Sec, Annabelle couldn't help but chuckle to herself before letting out a 'bloody hell' when the Doctor had grabbed her by the arm and started to drag her out of the room.

* * *

While Annabelle had silently looked between the Doctor and Solomon with narrowed eyes, Solomon said, "These Daleks, they sound like the stuff of nightmares. And they want to breed?"

The Doctor told him, "They're splicing themselves on to human bodies. And if I'm right, they've got a farm of breeding stock, right here in Hooverville. You've got to get everyone out."

In turn, Solomon said to him, "Hooverville's the lowest place a man can fall. There's nowhere else to go."

The Doctor said to him, "I'm sorry, Solomon, you've got to scatter, go anywhere, get on to the railroads, travel across state, just get out of New York."

Solomon replied, "There's got to be a way to reason with these things."

With a scoff, Martha told him, "There's not a chance."

Then Frank said to Solomon, "You ain't seen 'em, boss."

Then the Doctor told him, "Daleks are bad enough at any time, but right now, they're vulnerable. That makes them more dangerous than ever."

It wasn't long afterwards that a voice could be heard yelling, "They're coming! They're coming!"

It was then that Solomon said, "A sentry must have seen something."