31

Day 7

Jisoo

It was an oddly quiet week which we actually expected given the short timeline of events. We were not expecting things to escalate as quickly as possible after Haein and I moved in. We continued to prepare ourselves mostly at home, where the crime will supposedly take place.

Last night, he created two alarm systems inside our house connected to the surveillance team and to his phone. One under the dining table, and another one on the bedside table. He was laughing at me because he said the alarms symbolizes me, always eating, and always sleeping. One press on the button, it will send a signal to the team and Haein. All the three crimes happened that the couples are together inside the house. Chances are that we are also together once we meet the killer, and despite our trusts with ourselves, he's still concerned over possibility of things getting out of hand, thus his backup plans.

We made tests last night, both buttons were successful in sending alarms to both parties.

***

I woke up almost dinner time and Haein was busy doing some techie things, and I was thinking of doing something for him. He's been too extra taking care of me, and I wanted to return the favor back.

I am planning to cook for him.

My initial good intention of paying him back became a thorough disaster when I doze off in the living room, and when I woke up, thick smoke was covering the ground floor. I was lying on the couch when I heard feet hastily running down the stairs.

It was him. Frantically searching for me, thick smoke now spreading at the entire house. He brought me out of the house and went back in trying to control the fire.

Luckily, we had a fire extinguisher. Or else, I will spend years paying back the police force for our fake house which I almost burned. I went in when he called me, and he was staring at the pan hopelessly when I entered the kitchen.

"Are you okay?" He asked me multiple times already.

There was no verbal response from me but just a nod.

"Jisoo--" he called me in an exasperated tone.

I don't even know how am I going to respond.

"Please don't go nowhere the kitchen again, unless you are just washing the dishes. At this rate, you'll have us roasted first before the killer find us."

I snarled angrily and kicked him at the back of his knees. He slouched to the floor after receiving my kick.

"You were so mean. I was trying to make food for you."

He was laughing hysterically, making me annoyed more. I made my way to the stairs, mad because of what happened, for some reasons I was excited to cook only to fell asleep in the couch.

Why am I too sleepy I kept on sleeping just anywhere, anytime.

He caught me at the middle of the stairs, and my temper already reached its limit. I pushed him off and he almost rolled down the stairs. I went inside the bedroom, locking myself inside.

I'm sleepy, I'm hungry, I'm moody. Stress had been eating me up for the entire week all I did was eat and sleep. As per my mood, it was Haein making me feel better all the time. Just seeing him made my mood light instantly.

I wonder how he would do that now that I locked myself inside the bedroom.

Almost an hour of locking myself inside, I heard soft knocks at the door. My pride won, not opening the door for him.