Chapter 15

5 months later...

Minato pov

Minato was- let just say he's having a hard time. Why? It because he was in his first rut and he was in his bed, trashing around with exaggerated sexual dimorphisms. His father already explain that he was an Alpha and he will be generally got into rut every three months, though with a bonded Omega mate, his ruts may align with his Omega partner's heats.

Since he don't want to breed someone other than his soulmate, he took a scent suppressants to calm down his rut and take a week off from mission. Thank goodness, Inuzuka clan create those suppressants since they also have the same symptom as Kitsune clan. Tsume was surprised to know that he was an Alpha just like her. Izumi was prohibited from going into his room since he don't want something happen while he in subconscious.

The next week after his rut season, he just continued his duty as seasoned shinobi and take a mission like usual but he keep his rut cycle in mind and even note on his calendar when his next rut would be coming.

Right now, Minato was having a great time in his life. He took a mission like always but this time he would be working together with his father.

He always dreamed to have a mission together with his father, he want to see the side of his father when he was all serious on the mission. While he and his team would sometime goes to his father for training, they will be going into separate way when its related with the mission, so he never seen his father personality in the mission before.

Oh, right! He had to focus on his mission!

The mission is about breaking into the base that full of armed bandit that assaulted a nearby mercenaries that bring goods from Uzushiogakure to Konoha, near the border of fire and wave country. Usually eliminating the bandit would be Chunin specialist but why would Hokage needed to send his father along?

But well...since he know that his father wanted to stay close with mother Satsuki pregnancy, his father would only take C or B rank only for the meantime.

And so...the two father and son worked together to eliminating the bandit one by one and Minato can see that his father barely broke a sweat while he already panting for exhaustion after the two done with assassinated all the bandit with the leader. They release the hostage that was a victim from bandit and most of them are women and children. Minato felt sick when he saw how horrible the condition of the victim right now.

They covered with mid injured, a dark purple bruised that probably hasn't been treated for too long, and a flesh wound on them. The father and son bring the hostage to Uzu, since it was closer and they don't think the victim have an energy to travel back from wave to Konoha.

When their arrive, they let the Uzu shinobi do the rest while Minato and his father walked to where Uzukage is for the report.

While their walk, Minato look around the village with interest and wonder. He never been to Uzushio before, the people here were livid with wide warm smiled on their face. The village were bloomed with life, the sound of the wave from the shore, the laughter of the village citizen and the welcome shout from mercenaries calling customer.

When he looked around, he caught the sweet scent that got his attention fully, it smell raspberry and lavender that mixed with salty water of the ocean. The scent smells wonderful and delightful, making his mind fuzzy and almost make him lost his footing. If not for his father that who caught him before he fell, he probably stumble on the ground by now.

His father give him a worried look, "Are you alright, Minato?" asked his father in concern. Minato give him an assure look, "I'm alright, Dad! It just this strong smell caught me by surprised." By his statement, his father look at him in confusion with eyebrow raised.