Chapter 6

3 years later...

It's been 3 years since Naruto travel back to the past and become Minato's father, and in those 3 years he spend time with Minato teaching and train him whenever he had off duty from the mission. Minato was happy and delighted whenever his father will be the one teach him about shinobi and knowing more about skills for example fuinjutsu, senjutsu, ninjutsu, kenjutsu, taijutsu and genjutsu. Naruto also explain to him what this each skill specialist is and each of shinobi has they own specialist in this skill.

Minato ask his father what his specialist is and he get to know that his father specialist in everything except genjutsu, when he ask why Naruto told him the reason. Naruto told him that he had special chakra in him that stop him for doing so, he just can dispel it but he can't create it. Minato were confused of what his father mean about his having special chakra and ask but Naruto just told him that he would tell him when he graduated from academy.

Then Naruto teach him what chakra is and there was five elemental; earth, water, fire, wind and lightning. He also told him a little about the history of each nation of shinobi and teach him what he can do and what can't do, Minato patiently learning everything from his father and he learn something from his father that being a shinobi it's not just about being a hero or can use cool jutsu. It's about to protect something precious to you, it's not about power, status and influence.

When you have something to protect, you work hard to protect them. His father also explain to him there were different between want to protect and need to protect. Not only that, his father also remind him that power we earned not given and teamwork is important. Minato keep his father word in his mind and heart, since his father come back to Konoha and take care of him Minato get to know more about his father.

He get to know that his father is smart, strong and kind, he also know that his father always cautious whenever he meet someone new because we don't know what their motive is. If their intension is good or bad even though their from the same village because anyone can just be our allies and foes so be careful when wanting to trust someone.

In the past 3 years Minato already turn 8 years old and Naruto decide to register him into shinobi academy. Minato was delighted to become real shinobi like his father and maybe he can make some friends if he get a chance. "Minato~ Hey buddy if you didn't wake up soon, you gonna be late for your first days of school." shout Naruto downstairs while he prepare breakfast for the both of them. He also prepare lunch box for his son for him to eat at school.

"I'm coming" shout Minato back from his room and walk downstairs to the kitchen where his father waiting for him. They both eat their breakfast together after that Naruto walk Minato to his school. Naruto and Minato walking down the street with Naruto holding Minato's hand. Minato could feel the stares from the villagers, and felt a little nervous about it. Naruto sensed his son's nervousness and squished his son's hand for reassurance.

Minato look up at his father, who winked at him and smiled. Minato was really glad to have his father back. He wasn't alone anymore. As he look forwards again, he noticed a man walking down the streets with his son on his shoulders. Minato looked up at his father again, and Naruto got the hint. He lifted Minato over his head and put him on his shoulders. Minato laughed and Naruto smiled at this.

All of this made him forget about the sadness and the war. For now, he was happy to give Minato a good life. The villagers looking on the little family of the two with a smile, felt the same happiness looking at them. The two just continue their walking until their arrive at the academy, just outside the academy Naruto put Minato down. He crouched down before him and put his hand on his son's head.

"Alright buddy, remember to be nice, make friends, don't show off... too much and work well with everybody. Remember what I said about teamwork, it could work to your benefit in the future. Be a good boy and do your best, see you later son." Naruto said sagely.

"Okay dad, see you later" Minato said while give him a big smile, Naruto smile warmly at him and ruffle his son hair. "Well then, go on before the bell is ringing" said Naruto and Minato nodded and run inside while he wave at his father. Naruto wave back until he didn't see Minato sight anymore, he left the academy.

Minato pov

Minato walk inside his classroom nervously, he were excited and also scared in the same time. He walk into his classroom, everyone turned to look at him. All was silent, and Minato swear that you could hear a pin drop. He stood there with his hand on the doorknob for a couple of seconds, staring back at everybody just as quiet as theirs. Then ever so slowly, he closed the door behind him, and walked purposefully to an empty seat in the long rows that could easily fit twelve but were only really allowed three. He sat down and everyone just keep staring.

"Are you all going to stop staring at me or not? You all look like creepers" said Minato and the silence was broken.

But all they did as start whispering about him behind his back. Minato decide to use this time to meditate, so he crossed his legs on the bench, closed his eyes and listen to the rumors that were already circulating about Minato's hair and him.

"That's the orphan we used to pick on! Why is he here? He can't be a shinobi!"

"What's up with his hair? Is he trying to be like our clan?"

"Hey! Don't say that about him! He's actually kind of cute!"

"I personally like his hair, it's the colour of the sunshine."

"And did you see his eyes? They were like the sky!"

'Well, the fan club forms...but there are some people who might try to beat me up again...it's good thing I was trained by my dad and his fox summon Izu to the plump. Dad training is hard but it's worthy because dad was strong and he train me to become strong too' thought Minato as the teacher walked in starting his class.

Tbc