🏒Wei Ying ⛸️

"Do you wish to sleep for a while? It would take us a few hours to reach home." Azure's voice soothed Xian's soul.

Giving him a small smile, Xian shook his head and pressed a button to roll down the windows.

The night air was fresh against his skin. Like a gentle lover, she raked through Xian's hair as he closed his eyes and finally let go of his tears. There was nothing but silence between them, except for the engine and the wind howling.

These past few weeks have been an emotional rollercoaster, and nothing seems enough anymore. Xian was exhausted and just wanted a night of peace. He wanted to let go of it all. In the end, he just wanted to reach the top, but it seems it was just as lonely up there as the day he was born.

"Azure."

"Hm?"

"I was once asked a question about whether I had ever looked for any information pertaining to my parents. Never could my heart answer that question."

"Why?"

"Because it was they who chose to give up on me. I don't know what their circumstances were, but in the end, they never chose me. They chose to have me and then leave me." Xian wiped his tears. "Why would I want to find any information about them when they never once thought about me?" Turning to face Azure, Xian's voice choked as he asked, "Am I a bad person?"

"Wei-"

Not hearing a word from Azure, Xian continued, "After that ordeal, when I was all alone in the hospital, waiting to know if I had contracted HIV AIDS and an STD, these hands of mine were shaking, scared to open the envelope-" bringing his hands near his face, Xian cried, "Like any other child, I wanted to hear my parents say that they are with me. I wanted someone to tell me they believed me. Was that too much to ask?"

Azure shook his head as he drove them closer to their destination. He sped a little faster, not that Xian noticed it.

"I honestly wanted to love." Placing a hand on his heart, Xian smiled sadly as he said, "This heart had so much love to give, but in the end it received pain and betrayal. Nothing more. Probably this soul is destined to be lonely. A soul who was hated by his own parents is never to be loved again."

Before Jun could answer any of those questions, he found Wei Ying to be fast asleep. His forehead still bore a frown, but at least for the moment he was resting.

"Xian, we've reached." Jun shook him gently, but the younger one was fast asleep, and all Jun could do was look at Wei Ying. His Wei Ying, who has been through so much in such a short life.

Had his legs not been in prosthetics, he, like a hero, could have lifted Xian in his arms, not wishing for him to be awake, but then this wasn't a movie, and in the end, it would just be normal for them to act responsibly.

"Wei Wuxian." Jun reached out to caress Xian's face while the latter's eyes slowly fluttered open. Giving Jun a gentle smile, Xian yawned. "Have we reached?"

"Hm."

Jun helped Xian out of the car, and just as they walked in, a huge bear came running at the speed of light and first collided with Xian, making him fall to the ground.

"Ouch!" Though he tried to push the bear away, his laughter rang around, and soon Xian was covered in a slobbery mess. "Sahara! I know you love me, but..." he had to duck, "go to your dad now."

The weight was lifted off of him, and he glanced up to see Sahara being gentle with Azure.

"She's gentle with you, and with me, the bear is so rough." He hissed playfully at her as he got up from the ground.