🏒 Go-ahead Goal ⛸️

Azure was next to Xian when they entered the VVIP room to watch the game together. There was no one else except them and all this was possible only because of Kiara and her connections.

"Are you sure you don't wish to go and meet your team?"

Shaking his head Xian sighed, "Not right now. They need to concentrate. I'll go once the game is over."

Checking his phone Xian was glad to see JC's message; "Miss you. Will win for you."

"JC?"

"Yeah! He's going to win this game for me!"

From where Xian and Azure were; they could see entire arena. It was a great spot with the only thing between them and the rink was an entire ceiling to ground glass covering the pavillion. An outsider could not see them. It was a perfect cover for privacy.

Jun could sense Xian's growing anxiety. He needed to calm the other man's nerves. Pouring a cup of coffee for them, Jun stood next to Xian and handed him the cup.

Grateful for this gesture Xian smiled and enquired, "How is it that you know exactly what I need?"

"Call it being a good friend." Azure's answer made Xian chuckle.

The game was about to start and his hand trembled. He really wanted to be there, with them, playing that game, but he couldn't. There was no one to blame but him. It was then Xian felt warmth against his palm as Azure threaded their fingers together and squeezed his hand with assurance.

At that moment he didn't feel alone. He had Azure next to him.

The start of the game was announced and both teams were in good form. Xian was proud of Zen. Having never had a chance to play before, this would be his big game. JC was a force to reckon with.

As the game progressed Xian became nervous. The other team were rough and did not mind scoring penalties if it meant hurting JC.

Fuck!

Jin was kicked and hit; but the way it was played wasn't offensive and thus they did not get any penalties. But Xian realised that this irked his team.

No guys! Focus!

The one to take maximum hit was Zen. He wasn't able to concentrate and by then the other team had already scored few goals.

"If he's unable to keep up, your team's going to loose."

Azure was right. The score was already 2-3 with the other team leading.

'Come on Zen!' Xian cheered as much as he could but even after two periods; his team was lagging behind. If they didn't score in the third period; the game would proceed into overtime.

By now Azure was quiet too and Xian didn't have the heart to disturb him. The start for the third period was announced and entire stadium waited with bated breath.

It was four minutes into third period when JC scored and tied the goal with the help of Jin's assist. It was now 3-3 and the entire stadium cheered; perhaps Xian himself was the loudest. As for Azure, he was extremely quiet.

"Come on! Just one more goal!" Xian yelled with his fingers fisting in his hand.

Seconds ticked by and Xian knew JC was exhausted. He could sense JC's minor injury in his ankle becoming bothersome. He just hoped his brother could stay strong until then.

The other team tried their best to push the game towards overtime but his team knew if that were to happen Zen won't be able to save any goals.

'Come on guys!'