𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 10

I remember you were driving to my house in the middle of the night. I'm the one who makes you laugh when you know you're about to cry.
~Taylor Swift

Cal and me walk on the side of the street.

He hasn't spoken a word since I met him and only shaked his head when I asked him if anything is wrong.

I take him towards a bench in a local park where there are dogs sleeping now.

"You know sometimes when you trust someone you can show your vulnerable side to them" I tell him emtwining our fingers together and giving his hands a small squeeze. He nods his head in response.

"Do you trust me? " I ask him and he nods again.

Halting in my tracks I turn towards him.

"Can I get a hug cal? " I ask him and he nods again.

Getting on my tiptoes I circle my my hands around his neck bringing him down and his hands slowly reach my waist.

"You have my shoulder to cry" I whisper in his ear as my own eyes water.

I can feel his tears on my shoulder through my wet shirt and he finally let's out a sob. My heart breaking at the sound.

I let him have his own moment and tears streak down my cheeks too.

He pulls away and turns his back to me immediately.

Giving him time to settle down I myself wipe my tears straightening my shirt.

"Can I know what happened? " I ask him softly and gently once he looks at me.

"I'm dyslexic" He says and my heart drops at the statement made by him.

"What do you mean? " I ask him in return. My heart Thudding loudly inside my ribcage.

"When I was small I wasn't good at studies and my parents joined me into many academies but weren't able to know what I was going through. I wasn't able to read without anyone's help and when I was growing up I used to bribe the teachers to give me marks without even writing the exam that was because I have to inherit my dad's business and he wants me to get good grades and a degree in business. I really cannot do this anymore, rose. I really can't. " He explains and another set of tears run down my face.

"I'll help you, cal" I tell him Assuringly and he shakes his head again.

"It is not possible, rose. It is impossible" He says in horror and I feel emotions rising up my throat.

"I.will.help.you.and I know I can" I tell him putting my head on his shoulder and cal holds my hand tightly.

"How can you say that so confidently? " He asks me again with the sweetest face. Just like a child asking for another candy.

"Every day after we leave from here. I'll help you with your studies. I have my own ways" I tell him sweeping my hand on my shoulder and he chuckles at my motion.

"Is every thing okay between you and soniya now? " I turn to him again and his face visibly tenses.

"She's pregnant" He says and a bitter smile crosses his face and my mouths fall on the ground somewhere.

"What the actual fuck? " I gape at him in horror and he nods. His lopsided smile appears again.

"She came to me in the morning and said she's pregnant and left" He continues with a bored expression and raises his eyebrows at me.

"How can you be so casual about this? " I question him he rolls his eyes at me.

"I saw that coming. But the pregnant thing was a blow to my ego" He snorts and I only let out a exasperated sigh.

"Really fucked up huh? " I ask him bringing up my phone to distract his mind.

"Yeah. Let's go. I think it'll rain" He says getting up and tugging on my Hand.

Sometime later I sit with my laptop writing a mail to the HOD since I forgot I have to inform him about the money the society President sent us because of ivan's panic attack.

Done writing a mail I make a cup of coffee and do my research on how to help dyslexic people since I really want to help cal.

I finally sleep after a long day.