|PROLOGUE|

Pain slashes through my cheek to my temple as my father's ring in his middle finger cuts through my skin

"How dare you go out and hang out with boys?" He asks me shouting over his lungs.

The living room is filled with the smoke of a cigar and smell of alcohol fills my senses.

"I am a grown up now.stop treating me like a fucking child! " I manage to tell him with a straight face ignoring the pain in my cheek while talking.

He picks up the newspaper from the center table and rolls it up to form a pipe and hits my other cheek with it.
My face turns side ways with the pressure of the hit and a sob escapes my lips.

"What did you say? " He growls at me raising his hand to slap me with the newspaper roll again.

Out of the blue jameson appears in the room and yanks my father away from me.

"Touch her again and I'll fucking break your hand and break every single bone in your goddam body! " He hisses at him pushing him further away that he slumps down on the couch.

"What a pathetic piece of shit . Cannot even stand a single slap. Weak bitch" He says laughing at his own joke. His fat stomach jumping slightly at his laugh.

I clench my jaw as tears run down my cheeks at his comment.

"Cupcake, go to your room and get ready we'll be taking our dinner outside" Jameson says in a rigid tone leaving no room for explanation.

I nod at him and leave the room when I hear faint voice of my brother and my father shouting at each other.

I lock the door and lean on the door taking deep breaths thinking how worse and difficult life can get.