"You're not even suppose to be smoking, did you forget that you're only sixteen?" China asks Dj with her arms crossed.

"I'll be grown in two years" Dj tells China causing me to chuckle.

"& what is that supposed to mean?" China asks him.

"You're still a child and you're grounded, go to your room!" China tells Dj sternly causing him to look at me.

I hold my hands up in surrender.

"Go to your room, I'm gone come talk to you in a second" I tell Dj.

He nods and slowly walks up the stairs.

China and I make eye contact, locking eyes.

"Monet waiting on you to get home" China speaks ruining the moment causing me to suck my teeth.

"What?" She asks confused.

"You want me to go?" I ask her.

"I didn't think you were staying" She replies just as my phone starts to ring.

I look at it seeing a call from Monet..

China chuckles while looking at my phone.

"Go home Red" China tells me before walking up the stairs.

I sigh as my phone stops ringing.

Walking up the stairs, I enter Dj's room.

He's sitting on the bed texting.

"Why you went to buy weed from Marco like I ain't thee plug?" I ask Dj putting emphasis on thee.

He shrugs his shoulders. "I didn't think you would give me any"

"I smoked a whole backwood with you the day after I got out" I remind him confused

"Yeah but I thought that was just in the heat of the moment. I didn't think you would give me a whole zip" He tells me causing me to chuckle.

"Open your drawer" I tell him while pointing.

He stands up, doing as told.

"Oh shit" His eyes widen, seeing all the weed.

"I put ten zips in there and when you run out you can come to the trap house and get more. Don't ever feel like you got to hide shit from me, I'll give you just about anything you ask for as long as it's not crack" I tell him and he laughs.

"Thanks pop" He daps me up and I pull him into a warm hug.

"Don't tell your mama" I tell him

......

The next day..

Dj

My mom said I could stay home from school today because of all the shit that happened yesterday but since I'm grounded for two weeks I'm stuck in the house.

"Dj!" My mom yells from downstairs.

I stand up, leaving my room and walking downstairs.

I see Bj and Summer causing me to smile.

"I'm glad you're okay dawg" Bj tells me, dapping me up.

"I'm happy you're okay too" Summer says handing me a gift bag and balloons before pulling me into a tight hug.

"What's up with the balloons and gift bag?" I ask Summer confused.

"It's like a welcome home from being kidnapped gift" Summer says causing me to chuckle.

"Thank you" I remove the gift wrap tissue from the bag.

I reach my hand in, taking out a box.

Opening the box, I see that it's a Richard Millie watch.

"Oh shit, thanks Summer" I tell her with a smile.

I already have two Richard Millie's and this is adding to my collection..

"No problem" Summer replies with a smile.

"I want somebody to kidnap me now" Bj tells Summer causing both Summer and I to laugh.

"My mom finally gave me full access to one of my birth dads many savings accounts. She told me to spend wisely and buying Dj a new watch seemed very wise in my opinion" Summer tells Bj while batting her eyelashes at me.

My mom starts to cough.

"Well Dj is grounded so he'll see y'all at school tomorrow" My mom tells them.

They nod "Yes ma'am" They say in unison.

"See you at school" Bj tells me and I nod.

"See you Dj" Summer waves.

"See you later" I reply.

They leave the house.

My mom smiles at me weirdly causing me to furr my eyebrows.

"What?" I ask confused.

"Summer likes you" My mom says causing me scrunch my face up in disbelief.

"Summer doesn't like me, she's my cousin" I tell my mom.

"Not by blood and trust me she definitely has a crush on you" My mom tells me.

"What makes you think that?" I ask her.

"She bought you a nine hundred thousand dollar watch with her dads life savings, that's one" My mom tells me in a Duh tone.

"Two, the way she was looking at you told it all" My mom continues.

I wave her off "I'm going to my room"

There's no way Summer likes me, I mean. Does she?

.......
▪️Y'all please go check out Racist & show the book some love. I just published a new chapter !
▪️Updating this book asap! Thanks for reading XOXO 🖤