Chapter Five

One week later...

Red

"What's up" Tas daps me up.

He just got discharged from the hospital and I came by his house to check on him.

"Go play in the play room while I talk to your uncle Red" Tas tells his six year old daughter Taniya.

"Okay daddy" Taniya nods while running off into the playroom..

We take a seat on his sectional couch.

"How you feeling?" I ask Tas as he sparks up a backwood.

"I'm feeling happy to be alive" Tas chuckles causing me to chuckle.

"I heard that" I tell him while nodding.

"Let me ask you a question" I raise an eyebrow.

"What's up?" Tas asks while passing me the backwood.

"You fucking China?" I ask him and he starts to laugh.

I take a puff of the backwood.

"Oh you for real?" Tas asks seeing that I'm not laughing.

"Hell nah I ain't fucking China, nigga be for real. I wouldn't do you like that" Tas gets offended.

"I was just asking man" I pass the backwood back.

"But why you asking me though gang?" Tas asks confused.

"Just little shit I guess I was reading too deep into.." I shrug my shoulders.

"Like you going to every one of Dj's games, helping China out and shit like that"

"Duh my nigga, you were locked up and we ain't want Dj feeling like he had no male support in his life. Shit, Fredo went to every game too" Tas tells me.

I nod "China seemed real worried about you when you were in the hospital.."

"That don't mean we fucking, I'm not the culprit. What about Brent?" Tas says causing my eyes to widen a little bit.

"What about Brent?" I ask through clinched teeth as I begin to think that he's the one China was fucking.

But ain't no way they dumb enough to do that again..

"That nigga might be the one fucking China.. Back when I first joined y'all gang, I caught them kissing outside the cookout party you threw that one time. Nigga paid me twenty bands to keep quiet" Tas tells me

I raise both of my eyebrows

"I used the money to put my mama in rehab that first time" Tas continues while passing me the backwood.

I chuckle angrily  "Yeah I ended up finding out that they were fucking months later"

"Was he around China a lot when I was locked up?" I ask.

Tas looks like he's thinking.

"Matter of fact he was. I remember one time like four years ago I had popped up to check on Dj and China, as I did all the time.." Tas tells me while moving his hands as he speaks.

"Why the fuck I saw Brent car parked in the drive way and when I rung the doorbell China opened the door talking about Dj was at basketball practice and she had just woke up. She ain't even acknowledge the fact that Brent car was in the drive way." Tas passes me the backwood.

"Oh yeah?" I ask angrily.

He nods

"Don't go putting you hands on that girl man, I heard how you use to do her and it ain't worth it gang. Just leave her" Tas tells me.

"I ain't gone touch her.." I angrily lick my lips.

"& that leaving her shit is easier said than done my nigga. My love for that girl ain't go nowhere man, I thought about her and Dj consistently for sixteen years straight. For me time stopped while everything out here just kept on going. I'm saying that to say this, I might be stuck in the past but that's my bitch" I tell Tas.

He nods "Damn, I feel you man"

.........

Brent

"I made the varsity team this year" Bj tells me excitedly as he walks into the house.

I smile "That's what the fuck I'm talking about"

I dap him up, pulling him into a hug.

"I'm about to get dressed. Me and Dj going to Dave and busters to celebrate making the team"

"Thats what's up" I nod

"You better bring them grades up or they gone have your ass sitting on the bench" I tell him as he walks up the stairs.

"I'm working on it pops" He replies causing me to chuckle.

"Oh yeah pops I got a question!" Bj tells me while walking back down the stairs.

"What's up?" I raise an eyebrow.

"When can I get a car?" He asks causing me to chuckle.

"When you bring them grades up" I tell him.

I check the time on my diamond watch.

"You know uncle Daniel got Dj a BMW X5 a few days ago?" Bj asks me.

I nod

"Dj a straight A student, get them grades up" I tell him while standing up to slap the back of his head.

He weaves my hit and begins to laugh.

"Weave game strong" He runs up the stairs

I chuckle, he gets that shit from me.

That lil nigga something else..

........
▪️Short update but Thanks for reading XOXO