Chapter Twenty-Three: Teamwork!

You both found yourselves in a very familiar room, with five interesting paintings on display on five easels at the end of the hall. Bendy let out a small groan at having gone around in circles, and you chuckled. 'Sorry, bud. Let's get back to where we were.' Walking ahead, the roller door opened in front of you.

A loud and enraged roar sounded out, ringing in your ears as your eyes widened. A female Lost One was on the other side of the door and charged at you. You blocked with your left hand so she could reach Bendy behind you. 

'Bendy, RU-' He dashed straight past your protection and pushed the lady onto the ground. 'Bendy?' You called, watching the lady try to get back on her feet. 

'How dare you!' She called, looking around for the little devil.

She couldn't find where he ran off to because of her eyesight, so she trained right back onto you. A really high and alarmingly loud whistle blew as Bendy put his fingers into his mouth, making it sharp and echo across to where the Lost One was. She turned around and saw him waving to get her attention. 

'Bendy, what are you doing?!' You yelled as the woman ran at him, flailing her bat around angrily.

He ran around the corner and hopped into a vent, poking his tongue out at her as she clawed to get him out. You suddenly realised what he was trying to do. Crouching low so she couldn't hear you, you slowly headed toward her. 

'I'll get you as soon as you get out, you disgusting thing.' she grumbled angrily, which made a new-found anger rise in you. You clawed into her back with your hands, startling her. Then, drawing your Pipe out, you squelched it right into the back of her neck.

'Bendy is not disgusting.' you snarl, and draw it straight back out, a sigh escaping her lips as her eyes roll back. She fell and hit her unconscious head onto the wall as it slid down, slowly heading to the ground by gravity. Bendy kicked her head out of the way to get out of the vent, and you hugged him as soon as he was free. 'You're such a smart little fiend!' Bendy squirmed in your embrace as his smile grew at your praise.

'We should work together more often, you know?' He nodded his head and looked back to the Lost One. Are you going to free her? 'I may as well. While she was mean, she was probably just confused. Ink can do that to you.' Leaning down and resting your hand on her face, you felt the familiar feeling of restraint and calm flow through, allowing her an open path out of this hellhole.

You turned back around and looked at Bendy, who had his gloved hand raised in front of you. You giggled and took the opportunity to high-five him. 

'Teamwork!' you exclaimed, laughing at the goofy grin that spread along his face. You both were back in the Screening room, but another Lost One noticed you walk in. He charged at you, with a knife in hand glistening in the light. A real danger. Bendy ran in front of you and held his arms out wide, but you quickly dove around him. He whistled a high-pitched warning and tried to hold you back, afraid of a now sharp weapon being brought into a blunt-weapon fight.

You were too fast for his arms to reach however, and you charged straight for the man, aiming for his knees. He saw this and twisted around, grabbing hold of both your arms in one and was ready to plow the knife into your stomach. Your Gent Pipe hit the ground and you could hear Bendy running for you, but you quickly raised your knee and hit the Lost One between the legs. He faltered, loosening his grip of your hands, so you quickly grabbed hold of his weapon and drove it into his open mouth. Ink splattered all over your face in the impact, and the Lost One fell backward.

Bendy hugged you from behind, ink trickling down his face from stress. You turn around and pat his back. 'It's okay, buddy. I know that was scary, but I handled it. If somebody has a sharp weapon, please stay away for me, okay? I don't want you to get hurt.' He nodded slowly and looked away, ashamed. 'You were only trying to help, I see that. Please don't cry, I'm fine! He's gone.' You let your hand drop and touch the man's leg, and he slowly dissolved into the floor. 'See? It's fine.' Bendy looked at the now lonely knife, laying in a pile of the man's inky muck.

'...We probably shouldn't leave that, huh?' He nodded and grabbed it for you. 'Now you have a weapon, buddy! Just in case...' you exclaim, patting him on the head affectionately. His smile didn't return. 'You probably won't have to use it though, so it's okay!' You entwine your fingers in his, trying to get him to give you his usual grin. 'Shall we continue?' You looked at him with reassurance, which he steadily returned.

'There we go.'