Chapter twenty-eight- Get over it Mer

Here you go guys. I meant to get this done so long ago but I got really busy. Anyway... This is kinda a filler chapter/a cute chapter. The next one will have a lot more drama/ things happing. This chapter also took so much longer bc I have an overly dirty mind and the amount of thing I had to delete because it sounded dirty instead of cute in my mind😂. Anyway I hope this isn't cringy and please be gracious with spelling and grammar bc once again I didn't do an overly lot of spell check. 

After bringing me to his apartment Eric gives me a quick tour.
"And this is the bedroom," he says, opening the door that leads to a room as big as the kitchen. He turns to me "tomorrow we will talk about the plan, but for now since it's almost 11, let's just head to bed." He walks into the room and grabs a blanket and pillow before walking back over to me. "That's the bed. The bathroom is through that door, and if you need anything, I'll be on the couch."
I looked up and met his eyes for the first time. "Wait, you're taking the couch?" I say with furrowed brows.
"Mhm?" he hums with a nod.
I shake my head, "no no, I don't want to put you out. I can take the couch." I protest, grabbing the pillow from his hand.
He chuckles and grabs the pillow back, "No no," he says in a mocking tone. "You need a good sleep, I'll take the couch."
I hesitate, an idea popping into my head. This is such a bad idea but what is there to lose? I look at his hands and gently pull the pillow out of his grasp, then in my other hand I grab his empty hand. I feel butterflies erupt into my stomach and a spark shoots through me. I look up at him through my lashes. "You don't have to sleep on the couch. I'll feel safer with you in the same room." I whisper quietly. I start to walk toward the bed, holding his hand as our arms start to stretch out. "Please."
He looks me in the eye, hesitating before walking towards the bed with me. "I'll turn so we can both change."  his voice just above a whisper.
"I don't have any clothes, it's all at my brothers."
He nods before pulling his shirt over his head and hands it to me, "Here, uh.. I promise it's not gross, I didn't train or anything, it's honestly probably the cleanest shirt I have." I smirk and let out a little chuckle. "um.." he scratches the back of his head. "I don't have any bottoms unless.." he pauses "unless you want to wear a pair of my boxers over your underwear like shorts." He finally spits out.
I feel my cheeks heat up and smile. "It's ok, your shirt should be big enough. Although I never thought I'd see the day that Eric Coulter was awkward."
He playfully glares at me, "shut up and get changed before I change my mind and make you sleep on the couch." He says, flashing me a smirk before turning around and starts undoing his belt. I turn around as well, I pull my shirt off and throw Eric's shirt on. The warmth from his shirt, having just been worn, and the strong smell of him engulfs me like a warm hug. The shirt falls to my midthighs like a loose dress, and I make sure it covers everything that it needs to before striping myself of my jeans. When I turn around Eric is pulling pillows off the bed and the sheets back so we can slide in. But when I actually look at him I see that he is only wearing workout shorts. My eyes travel up and down his body, lingering on his abbs long then they should. When my eyes finally find his face I'm met with his blue ones staring right back. For the second time tonight my cheeks heat up and I quickly look away.
I hear him chuckle "I can put a shirt on-" and before he can finish his sentence I cut him off.
"No!" I answer too hastily. He cocks an eyebrow and smirks. I shake my head "n-no i-it's fine, i-i just..." I fumble over my words, releasing what I have just done.
"Mer just shut up before you make it worse for yourself. I'm fighting every urge not to say something"
I shut my mouth and look away in shame. When I look back at him he is looking me over and I watch as his eyes linger on my legs before shifting back to my face. Only when he is caught staring he maintains eye contact shamelessly.
"Let's get to bed."

6:00 am;
I wake up to the stream of morning light directly in my eyes. I turn my back to the widow trying to get back to my peaceful slumber. When I turn over the sun leaves my eyes and my face is now against something warm. My arm reaches out to pull it closer and my face snuggles in deeper. My hand eventually rests on something warm and solid, I feel my hand move up and down slowly. My breathing starts to match the same pattern and I feel myself get lulled back to sleep.

7:30 am;
My body slowly wakes up, no longer tired but my eyes stay closed not wanting to get out of bed. I hand rests beside my head and my leg as sprawled out, clinging to whatever I'm sleeping on. I'm in the hugging position that I always wake up in. Although something is off. My hand isn't clinging to the soft fabric of a pillow and my head isn't laying on something soft. My other arm isn't resting under my pillow, but is tucked in between my body and the thing beside me, making my hand rest on my thigh. I frown, my eyes still closed and trying to think of what I'm sleeping on. But with my sleepy brian i can't think of anything, everything is confusing. Finally I open my eyes.
I blink a few times so that my vision becomes clear and I can see and when the room becomes clear so does my memory. I finally remember where I am. And just like that I stop breathing, my blood runs cold and I finally realise what or rather who I am sleeping on. My thoughts stop and I suddenly click into the fact that my head and hand are moving up and down with the breath of the man under me. I looked down slightly to see my leg wrapped around his leg. I look at my hand that still rests on his abbs and watch it move up and down, up and down, up and down. Slowly up, surely my breath starts to match his again.
I rack my brain what to do and how to move without waking him up, that is until I look at his wall with the full body mirror and realise that he is already awake. In the mirror across from the bed you can see the two of us. My resting on his chest, practically hugging him. Our legs tangled, and him with his right hand resting on my head, and a book in his left hands as he silently read. Thousands of questions run through my head. If he is awake, why is he letting me sleep like this? Why not leave me in the bed and get out? Why not wake me up and tell me to get off? How am I supposed to get up now without it being awkward? I continue to run wild when I see him move in the mirror. I watch as he flips a page and I study how relaxed he looks. I've never seen him so at peace, not angry, not happy, not sad, but just calm. The weirdest part is that he is reading I never thought I would see him read and enjoy it.
Maybe I won't move, I'll just watch him read for a bit or should I pretend to stir and slowly wake up. I grumble internally not knowing what to do. Finally I decide that I'll watch him for just a bit before pretending to stir and wake up. I know that might be creepy but I don't know if I'll ever see Eric Coulter this relaxed. Unfortunately I don't get a chance to live out my plan because luck is on my side and he looks up from his book. Our eyes connect in the mirror.
It's quiet for what seems like forever before he says "morning" in a gruff morning voice that sends goose bumps up and down my arms and legs.
"Morning" I say softly. I go to move but he doesn't let me, pulling me closer to him. I frown in confusion, I move my head so that my chin rests on his chest and I can actually look at him.
"Just stay there for a few moments then we can go face the world and talk about today's schedule." I continue to look at him, blinking repeatedly, confusion and shock running through me. "Please" he pleads softly.
I nod slowly, before I slowly shift into a more comfortable position and he helps me, and when I'm finally comfortable my whole body is practically lying on top of him. My head rests on his chest again with my arm curled up beside me but my hand this time my other hand moves to the back of his head and my fingers intertwine with the ends of his hair. His arms wrap around me in a hug and my eyes flutter closed again, suddenly feeling tired.

9:00 am;Bang Bang Bang

9:00 am;
Bang Bang Bang. I groan from the loud noise. Bang BAng BANG.
I groan again "Shut up" I mumble into a pillow.
"ya-sh i- th-" I hear the muffles of a voice.
"Sh- k" I hear another voice say.
"-s sle-" the first voice says. I groan a third time, annoyed by whoever has disturbed my sleep. I turn onto my back and open my eyes. I stare at the ceiling fan turn around and around and around. When I look at the room I'm in I remember where I am and that this isn't the first time I have woken up. My arms shooks out to find Eric but all I find is an empty cold bed.
I feel sadness seep in at the thought of him no longer wanting to be with me.
I close my eyes and sigh, I push away the feeling and sit up. This isn't the time to bring him into my life

Get over it Mer...