Chapter thirteen- Damn it

After he leaves I lay down on the mat and close my eyes. That was so embarrassing, I swear I will kill him if he brings that up ever again. I shake my head and smile, I sit up and look at my watch. I have about 30 minutes until the others are out and dinner starts. I walk over to the table with the knives, I grab one and twist it between my fingers. I like how it feels, it makes me feel safe, more safe than I ever did in abnegation. Eric won't notice one knife gone. I look around-out of habit. not that there is anyone to see me- and I slide the knife into my boot.

I slide my hand through my hair and then scrunch my nose. My hair is so gross, I guess I know what I'm doing in my free time.

I push through the door and run down the stairs. I walk to the corridors, grab what I need and then walk straight to the showers trying not to waste any time. I don't need to be in the middle of a shower when someone walks in. I slip my clothes off and hop in. I let out a squeal when the cold water touches my skin but it slowly turns hot. I make sure to scrub myself cleaner then I can even imagine possible, seeing as I haven't washed since initiation. I gage at the thought. I give myself a nice clean shave and then hop out when I'm totally rinsed off.

I dry my hair and then wrap the towel around myself. I walk out of the bathroom area and go to the bunk I share with my friends. I rummage through my clothes but find nothing that I want to wear. So instead I grad Jace's plain black shirt, I pull on my pants and tuck in the shirt. I grab Noah's sweater and throw it on again. I put on a pair of Sawyer's boots and slide the knife back in the boot. I check my watch. 6:13. Everyone will be at dinner. I go over to the mirror, I braid my hair into two nice braids. I am so glad that I used to practice doing my hair when my dad wasn't around, or late at night when he was asleep. Finally I put on some mascara like I watched Sawyer do. I nod at myself in approval and then leave.

I walk through the halls and then finally I make it to the dining hall. I walk in and look around. I find my friends and start making my way over, that is until someone steps in front of me.

"Hey watch it" I say annoyed, I step back and look at the person. "Oh" I say, when I see it is just Christina. I open my mouth to say hi but she cuts me off.

"You're out" she says bluntly, crossing her arms over her chest.

I frown "wait what?!" I ask shocked, what the hell, I thought Eric talked to her. I look around to find Eric, but he is nowhere to be seen.

"Are you deaf stiff?" she says a little louder so now everyone is looking at us. "You're out!" she practically yells at me. I take a shaky breath, I look past Christina at my friends who look at me shocked. I notice that Cas is back and she is starting to stand up. I look over at my brother who is getting up from his spot, along with tris. I look at Zeke who is looking at me confused. I finally look back at Christina again.

"Fine," I murmur. I turn on my heels and walk -even though I desperately want to run- out. I push through the door and I don't stop, I just continue to walk. I stop thinking about anything, I just walk straight, the only thing going through my head is the fastest way to the exit. I'm in a complete daze, that is until I hear someone say my name.

"Mer" I snap my head in their direction, and I find myself standing face to face with Eric. I feel tears instantly spring into my eyes. This is all his fault, I should have known that he wouldn't do what I asked him to. I clench my jaw and send him a glare, I blink rapidly pushing the tears back. I pull the sweater hood over my head and push past him, bumping his shoulder as I do so. "Stiff!" I hear him yell at me, but I ignore him. The tears are too much and they spill over, running down my cheeks. Damn it, I wasn't going to cry.

Damn it Eric...

Eric POV.

What the hell is her problem? I just shake my head, whatever, not my problem. I walk into the dining hall which is normally full of chatter, laughter, and clatter of utensils, but when I walk in it is pretty much silent. Murmurs and whispers with a quiet sound of clanging utensils. I frown, Interesting. As I start to walk to the table with my friends I remember I promised to talk to Christina.

I make my way over and stand at the end of their table, all of their heads turn to look at me. "Can we help you?" Tris asks, sounding annoyed. I turn my head and look at Christina.

"I am just telling you that Mer didn't miss her training. I knew that she needed more help and that she wasn't fighting today, so we trained on the roof today. I wouldn't have even mentioned it but she said you threatened to kick her out and you docked 20 points, so just give her her points back and maybe apologize, or don't. But give her her points back and don't throw her out." I say and then start walking away.

"WAIT WHAT!" I hear her actually scream. I roll my eyes, she is so dramatic. "Eric!" she says and grabs my arm, making me turn and face her. "Why the HELL didn't you tell me that earlier!" she says, although she doesn't seem angry. She seems like she is in distress about something.

"Why does it matter, I told you now?" I ask annoyed that she is preventing me from enjoying my meal.

"Because! I already kicked her out!" she says. My eyes widen.

"What?" I say through clenched teeth.

"I-I.." she trails off "I'm sorry, I thought she skipped, and to be fair you never told me you were taking her" her voice starting to raise in panic.

I push past her and make my way to max.

Damn it Christina...

Tobias POV.

Right after the whole scene with Christina and my sister I go straight to Max. There has to be a miscommunication, Meredith wouldn't do this. I knock on Max's door rapidly. "Come in," his deep voice says through the door. I waste no time and walk right in.

"Max we need to talk-" he cuts me off

"Four, if this is about Mer, I can't do anything for her. She did this to herself." He say sitting back and folding his hands.

"Max, I know her! She wouldn't do this. And I also know Christina. And she is always quick to jump to conclusions!" I say exasperated.

He shakes his head "I'm sorry four. You can't do anything for her" he says sounding genuinely sorry.

"DAMN IT!" I yell and slam my fist against the wall.

Just then there is a knock on the door, "come in" Max says. I'm shocked to see Eric walk in quickly.

I frown, what is his problem?

"Sir, I'm hear about Mer," Eric says.

Max sighs "you too?..." he says annoyed. Eric looks at me before looking back at max and shaking his head.

"No, it's just that Mer didn't skip today. She spent all day on the roof training with me. I forgot to mention it to Christina and before I had the chance she kicked the stiff out" he says quickly. I eyes widen, at the same time as Max sits up in his chair.

I look at the clock, the train will be here in about 3 minutes and then it will be too late. "Sir please, I can stop her," I pleaded.

He nods "Four go" he says urgently. I don't waste a second. I ran out the door. I push past people, I run down the stairs, not thinking about how high up I am.

"MOVE!" I yell at people as I push past them through the pit. I look down at my watch, one minute. "MOVE!" I yell again. I get out of the pit and run down the hall and finally get to the Exit. "Mer!" I yell. She snaps her head to me, but just as I'm about to tell her to come with me the train comes flying past us. She looks at the train and then back at me.

"I love you!" she yells, before she turns and starts off running.

No, no, no! Why can't she just listen to me for once.

Damn it Mer...