Genshin x Monster!Male!Reader ♡

Start from the beginning

It's kinda—...cute. It has (f/c) skin which would make anyone think it was a slime, except for the fact that it makes noises is a dead giveaway that it isn't. Slowly reaching down I heard Paimon whisper yelling at me not to touch it. Discarding her comments I scoop it up using both hands and bring it closer to my face.

Just then I get startled when two big (e/c) eyes stare right back into mine. Their eyes have little red lines and they're kinda droopy...they look tired. Feeling it chirp again, I see its tiny arms pop out and hug my thumb. Wait, It has arms?!

"Wow! That doesn't look like a smile at all!" Paimon gasps in excitement. "What if it's a new type of slime?! Ooo! Or, or a new species entirely! Do you know how much money we can make off of a discovery like this?!"

Typical Paimon always looking out for any way to get "free" money. Rolling my eyes I cradle the little blob closer. It's fast asleep by now, but it's still hugging my thumb. Taking my unused thumb I brush it over what I assume to be its head, earning a small purr as it snuggles closer...cute.

"Come on Paimon. Where going to visit master Jean." I say not taking my eyes off the blob. We start making our way back to Monstadt again and finally cross over the bridge."Welcome to Monstadt honorary knight." One of the post guards salutes. Bowing my head back I walk past the arch and into Monstadt city.

(Tiny time skip)

After walking up the many unnecessary flights of stairs we make it to the Knights of Favonius headquarters. Asking Paimon to push the doors open we walk into Jean's office.

"Ah, cutie, long time no see" Lisa coos.

"Hey, Lisa." Paimon greets, before turning to Jean. "Master Jean? We have something we would like you to see."

"Oh! Of course, what can I assist you with?" Jean beams. Holding out my hands I show her the blob. "What is...it?" She sounded unsure of its gender.

"Paimon and Aether do not know. So we came here to ask if it was perhaps a new species of slime." Tuning out the rest of Paimons conversation with Jean, I look back down at the little thing. Watching it I see its eyes start to flutter open before looking around. Just then it chirps and purrs loudly while looking around in excitement, also catching the attention of everyone else in the room.

"Oh my. Cutie what do we have here?" Lisa asks cupping my hands and bringing them closer to her face. "Aww, how adorable~" she coos. Lifting a hand from mine, she rubs it right in between its forehead and eyes. Finally letting go of my thumb it latches onto Lisa's finger while it purrs. 

"Goodness, we can't get rid of this thing. It's too sweet! Why don't we have Traveler look after it and we can make a date with Albedo to come and see it? That way we can confirm what it is." She smiles still petting the blob. Thinking for a moment Jean sighs before nodding.

"Seems reasonable to me, plus...it doesn't look dangerous. Traveler, Paimon, come back to headquarters if anything unusual happens ok" Paimon smiles before clapping her hands.

"Okie Dokie!" And with that, we left. On our walk back I watch as the little blob chirped while looking around. It seemed really excited to explore. Just then I heard what sounded like a stomach grumble.

"Paimon-"

"No! Do not blame that on me! Paimon had nothing to do with it!" She pouted. Looking back down my eyes soften. The little thing was looking down and holding what I assume was its stomach before looking up at me with teary eyes. Walking quicker that before we make our way back home. After entering I bring the blob to the kitchen and set it down before opening a cabinet.

"Wait...what does it even eat?" I say to no one in particular. I look back down only to see it's gone. Whipping my head around in panic I stop and turn to the right. Looking over at the corner of the counter I see it nibbling on a piece of bread from the loaf. "Can you eat human food?" I ask walking over to it.