𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 9

Start from the beginning

After stuffing my tote bag with all of my stuff I start walking towards the door.

In the blink of an eye he grabs my wrist and yanks me so that I'm standing in front of him.

A soft gasp leaves my mouth and my heart beat picks up.

"I asked you a question, sarge" He asserts not letting go of my wrist.

"And I chose not to answer" I hiss at him and pull my hand away from him.

Well I atleast tried.

"Who is he? " He questions me and steps forward invading my privacy.

My breath hitches as a whipp of his scent fills my lungs and all i smell is his strong sandalwood fragrance that strongly reminds of something I cannot comprehend.

"Why the fuck are you getting so close to me? " I push him away. He stumbles backwards and clenches his jaw.

"I.. I'm sorry" Is all i hear from him before I see him walking straight out of the door without a second word.

I get out of the room and reach HOD's cabin.

Before I even reach his floor I see ivan again standing in front of some door his hand on his forehead and on his waist.

H̶o̶t̶ a̶n̶d̶ u̶n̶t̶o̶u̶c̶h̶a̶b̶l̶e̶.

On walking closer to him I realize he is eavesdropping.

"Someone who was so interested in teaching me a lesson about punctuality. Doesn't know it is very bad to eavesdrop. " I state behind him and he turns quickly to me and clears his throat.

He is looking like he is about have a panic attack.

"Are.. Are you okay? " I ask him leaning down trying to look at his face.

"No. I am not" He says his chest heaving.

"Whoa whoa whoa that's okay let's go" I tell him holding his hand and walking towards the lawn me and cal usually hang out in.

I make him sit on the bench and go on my knee in front of him as he places his hands on the bench beside him and leans forward.

I move back a bit feeing anxious about our heads touching.

"I feel like shit" He says his eyes still on the grass.

"You look like it too" I blurt out and he looks up slowly with his hooded eyes.

"Cannot behave like a normal human for once right? " He asks me softly and I snort in response.

I get up to sit beside him with a sigh escaping my mouth and he copies my position.

"What is that one thing you're good at? " He asks me and I look at him to find him already looking at me.

His intense gaze steady on me studying me with all of his focus.

"Is this a heart to heart? " I question him in return and he runs his hand on his face.

"Once, sarge. For once stop questioning me in return because I have to distract myself" He states.

"That is not my name" I tell him crossing my arms over my chest.

"I'm aware. It's a nickname"

"We are not friends so you cannot give me nicknames" I snap back at him .

"Tell me the one thing you are good at" He asks me again and I groan inside.

"Cooking" I tell him casually even though I'm not good at him.

"What about you? " I ask him in return and he only gets comfortable in his position by stretching out his legs.

"Chemistry" He says and my hand flies to my forehead.

"What? I am good at chemistry" He says shrugging and disbelief fills my whole body.

"Even I am good in studying all the subjects! " He rolls his eyes when I exclaim.

"What happened you back there? " I question him again keeping my tone a bit softer this time.

"Phobia" Ivan states and I my eyes widen.

"What kind of phobia? "

"Sociophobia. When someone talks about me Or when I am in crowded places I happen to get anxious" He says playing with his fingers.

I feel a bit off about this story because he doesn't open to anyone and I cannot believe it even more because he is talking to me like a normal human.

"Do you like have any kinds of phobias?" He interrogates me turning his gaze on me again.

"Yeah.i do have one." I tell him awkwardly trying to cut off the thread coming out from the middle of my shirt without ruining the whole line of fabric.

"What? "

"Glossophobia. I happen to get into a panic attack when speaking in public. " I explain and he nods his head.

My phone rings inside my bag and on taking out I find cal calling me probably getting all worried because it's time we leave and I'm late.

"I think I should leave. My friend is waiting for me" I tell him getting up and hoisting up my bad on my shoulder.

I feel all weird about Ivan telling me such intimate detail about himself . Maybe it is because we spoke normally for the first timw without taunts and sarcastic retorts.

I see cal leaning against his car waiting for me.

"Hey! " I greet him walking closer to him .

I halt in my tracks when I see cal's eyes all red.