''The Earthquake Begins''

March 7th 1978                                                                                             When we awoke the next morning, we were shocked to Diesel in Percy's birth. Thomas told him he doesn't want any of his crap. However, Diesel was complete silent?  But it is worth noting that he saw something that the rest of didn't see.     

Tidmoth is currently drunk after drinking too much beer yesterday, but I managed to get him to his normal self. We shunted Annie and Clarabel inside Tidmouth Station to begin our first run, We picked up our passengers at Knapford where we were switched on the branch line to Elsbridge. We exchanged some passengers with Henry then traveled down the Ffarqhaur branch. As we pulled into Ffarqhaur I chatted with the stationmaster, Paul and he said that his wife and daughter were acting strange, however I noticed that he looked shy telling me more about what was going on with his family, but I didn't really think much about it. Thomas was getting bored, he just wanted his job to be over already. Annie and Clarabel were completely silent. They were worried about everyone else. I just sighed as we waited for Bertie. Soon Tom Tipper came and noticed that the moon was acting strange. As I turned around I saw a huge crowd of people running away. I was flipping huge I tell ya. God dang it. I knew it will happen. The sky went dark, a blue moon appeared and the ground begin to rumble, everyone panicked and Tom Tipper ran towards his van and got in it as fast as he could. I released the brake and we sped of the station. Thomas had never moved so fast in his life nor had he been so scared. We raced down the branch line at speeds we had never gone before. We saw Terence sitting in a field. Thomas whistled for him to get to safety but it was too late.

   We soon made it to Dryaw where we finally had a chance to calm down

   We soon made it to Dryaw where we finally had a chance to calm down. We went on the mainline and finally arrived at Crovan's Gates. There was a truck full of coal and a few buckets of water so we were able to refill Thomas bunker and tanks. As we backed into the sheds, we found Duke and Peter Sam who seem focused on something else. As we reversed into the works sheds Percy wasn't there. Molly was also there at the time the earthquake occurred, maybe she took him. Thomas was already drowsy and before he could rest, we heard a familiar whistle as a stirling single backed next to Thomas. That's also foreshadowing isn't it.