Untitled Part 11

"Well, I know you want to maintain your reputation for being a cruel bitch." She looked at my book and scanned the page. "Why do you keep reading this?"

"Because I happen to enjoy it. If you tried reading every once in a while, you might find it's something you enjoy, too."

She tossed the book on the bed as if it was an out-of-style pair of jeans. "I have read a book. In fact, I read three of them last year."

Her smug expression almost had me doubled over in laughter. I'd easily read thirty times that in the past year.

"Oh, yes, that series with the doormat idiot of a girl. Really stimulating reading." I found my place again and tried to lose myself in the third act.

"At least she had a boyfriend instead of being the biggest man-repellent in the school. And speaking of boyfriends, Summer told me to tell you to keep your hands off hers."

"Trust me, there is no danger of me touching Brett Pederson." Smelling him was an entirely different matter. "And it's refreshing to know that Summer's so insecure about her relationship with Brett that she has to send threats through her little minions."

"I'm not her minion, whatever that is. And she's not threatened at all by you. She just wants to make sure you know where you stand." Taylor stomped out of my room, leaving her laptop behind.

As hard as I wanted to continue reading, the more I thought about the video, the more irritated I became. I popped open the computer and replayed the video. I'd probably need to stab a couple of hot pokers in my eyes to purge some of those images from my mind, but by the end, I had a good idea where the camera was located.

Now, if only I could discover the person behind it.