Dark Times

Dark Times

The small and simple black house that Angelique crafted vanished in a matter of minutes. She wasn’t aware that she had such an immense power stored within her that the shadow house can actually set the Past Fear Guardians roaming about within its premises.

Euford was already deep in his sleep when Umulus vibrated around Angelique’s wrist. The Fear Guardian looked at her Kaijinn with great curiosity before she raised her wrist forward. The Fear Kaijinn slowly pulled himself off Angelique’s wrist and started to expand. But instead of turning to his lion-like form, the black bracelet continued expanding to the point that it was as huge as the room.

Angelique watched as the space in the middle of Umulus’ massive ring formed like a portal as the Past Fear Guardians started walked out of him. It was Helvanna who came out first, she quickly flicked her hand towards the kitchen area and made it expand away and turned it into a hallway. More Fear Guardian walked out and made their customizations to the shadow house.

By the end, the small and simple black house turned into a massive castle. Huge spike walls made up of shadows protected the shadow castle from any outside intruders, apparently, most Fear Guardians developed paranoia when they were the current Fear Guardian and the sickness latched on until now.

“A little eye catching, don’t you think?” Angelique asked Thakoth and Keith as the three of them gazed at the ominous castle from a window of its highest point which is a dark tower crafted by Thakoth.

“Most of them in here may be paranoids but they couldn’t care less for what other people think…especially mere mortals.” Thakoth said before she vanished out of the room.

“I’m just a little worried that if any UnInfected sees this, they’d try to engage against us.” Angelique said.

“You have all of us at your disposal, oh dear Dreaded one.” Keith teased as he did a dramatic bow.

“Oh stop.” Angelique chuckled as she watched Euford walk out through the massive gates of the wall. “What’s he doing out there?”

“Give him a break.” Keith said as he patted her shoulder. “The Past Ones can be an overwhelming sight… you should see them inside Umulus.”

“I’d rather not yet…” Angelique smiled. “I’d get to see inside Umulus when I die.”

“How are you feeling?” Keith asked seriously.

“What do you mean?”

“With him…”

“Fine.” Angelique shrugged.

“Fine is not exactly a feeling.” Keith said as he gazed out into the horizon.

“I’m afraid.” Angelique confessed.

“Afraid?” The 665th asked as he faced the 666th.

“I’ve fallen for him so much that I am actually developing a fear for it.” Angelique said, tears slowly forming in the corner of her eyes. “I can’t believe this… I’m not even making any sense.”

“Yes, you are.” Keith smiled as he enveloped Angelique in his arms. “That’s love.”

“It’s confusing, scary, and it never makes sense.” Keith continued as he held the Dreaded One. “That’s we let the heart take care of that sh*t…. the brain has a lot of other stuff to worry about.”

“What if he lies again?” Angelique asked.

“Then you have six hundred and sixty-five Fear Guardians ready to conjure up the most hellish nightmares you can imagine.” Keith said as the two of them watched the figure of Euford slowly walked back into the castle.