They

They

“What do you plan to do?” Vic asked Elice as he placed Cliff down on Elice’s couch as she locked the door behind her.

“Well, we’ve got some time in our hands to plan so–” Elice said as she threw her keys to the table near the door and removed her jacket.

“No, we don’t.” Vic said as he loosened the tie around his neck.

“I thought you paralyzed that winged Guardian?” Elice asked as she went to her fridge.

“I did. But I miscalculated the attack in my head…” Vic said as he removed his shirt. He walked across the apartment, half naked.

“What?” Elice said as she poured orange juice into three glasses.

“The voltage that I prepared was set to paralyze an average human but since he’s a Gardinia–or is it Guardane?–the voltage was enough to paralyze him.”

“Oh… anyway, what sent you there?” Elice asked as he gave Vic a glass of juice. “Oh, and it’s ‘Guardian’ by the way…”

“Excuse me?” Vic asked before he took a sip of the pulpy juice.

“Why did you come to their house?” Elice asked as she pointed her drink at Cliff.

“Oh. Well, that dark Guardian girl killed my whole family.” Vic said nonchalantly as if he says that sentence everyday.

“Oh my gawd, I am so sorry.” Elice said as she placed her juice down.

“Oh, don’t be… I hated them.” Vic smiled as he finished his juice with a loud gulp.

“But still… anyway, what did you do to him?” Elice asked as she knelt down beside the couch and touched Cliff’s wrist to check for his pulse.

“Just knocked him out with a weak Charged punch… he’ll wake up in a bit.” Vic said as he looked out of Elice’s window.

And on cue, Cliff’s eyes fluttered open as Vic finished his sentence. He squinted at everything as he scanned the whole place. Elice used her mind to grab the third glass and gave it to Cliff.

“How are you feeling?” Elice asked him as he sipped on the juice.

“Buzzing… but wait, how the hell did I end up here?” He asked as he looked at her eyes. “What happened?”

“He… uhh… knocked you out.” Elice said as she pointed at Vic.

Cliff’s eyes finally managed to see that there was a third person in the room. He actually froze for a while as his mind tried to process how perfect Vic looked at that moment. He stood near the window as he looked out. His muscles looked bulgier as he raised it up above his head and leaned against the window frame. His cold grey eyes seemed to glow as their stare moved from outside the window and landed on Cliff.

“Wu-what… what is he do-doing here?” Cliff stuttered as his mind flickered back into reality. “AND WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO VALENTINE?!”

“We let the police take care of them.” Elice said as she patted his shoulder.

“Puh-lease! The police?!” He roared as he stood up from the couch and started to pace back and forth in the middle of the room. “Those monsters will break the police like they are…toothpicks!”

“Calm down.” Vic told him with a deep stern voice that seemed to touch something inside Cliff.

Cliff did calm down but he didn’t want it to show. Vic had some weird effect on him that he wanted to ignore. He wanted to storm out of the room, with no intent of coming back to their house or hunting the other Guardians, but the other two misinterpreted it.