Primordial Guardian

Primordial Guardian

"This is impossible." Vic gasped as he took a couple of steps away from his brother. "I saw you die... I...I -"

"Yeah... you killed me." Will finished his brother's sentence for him.

"WHAT!?" Almost everyone snapped at the same time.

"You killed your own brother?" Cliff asked as he took a step forward with his eyes opened out wide.

"I... I-I don't know...I..." Vic stuttered as his brain tried to formulate an explanation but when his eyes landed on a particular Guardian. "HER!!"

Everyone followed Vic finger and all stared at the shivering figure of the Fear Guardian.

"YOU MADE ME KILL HIM!!!" Vic's body was practically vibrating with red electricity as he marched up to Angelique.

Angelique gave a defeated look to Valentine before her whole innocent face morphed into something darker. Her whole pearl white face got some color and turned to a pinkish shade of peach. Her thin eyebrows extended upwards as her eyelashes elongated.

"I can't take this anymore." A darker voice laughed from Angelique's mouth as she leaned forward and shook her head. She stood back up and her hairstyle was totally changed into something wavy and poofy. "This is ridiculous... I'm sorry Valentine."

"Who are you?" Joshua asked as he watched Umulus, in his Kaijinn form, stand beside his Guardian.

"Evelyne." She smirked as she pronounced her name 'Evil-in'.

"Which Past Guardian are you?" Elice asked as Solypha, shifted back into her smaller white form, landed on top of her left shoulder.

"I am not a Past Guardian." Evelyne chuckled as she caressed the top of Umulus' head.

"Then...what the hell are you?" Joshua asked as he tried walking closer but Umulus' snarl stopped him.

"I am...Angelique." Evelyne explained. "But somehow better."

"Better?" Vic asked as Lufius zapped out of his stomach and hit Evelyne right in the middle of her face.

Everyone chuckled as Evelyne fell down into a puddle on her butt. Evelyne's nose flared as she used everyone's shadows to push herself off the puddle. She tried kicking little Lufius but the rabbit-like Kaijinn was on Vic's arms in 2 seconds flat.

"I am Angelique's way of coping with death." Evelyne explained as she patted her ass with shadows to dry it off.

"What?" Juliet asked.

"When Angelique went off to find the group of the Frost while you 2 were canoodling, she got killed."

"But she's totally fine when she came back." Joshua said as he held hands with Juliet.

"She was...because of me." Evelyne said as she combed her hair with her fingers. "When Umulus sensed that Angelique was just seconds away from the wretched claws of death, he did his best and asked the shadows to drive her back to life."

"But the help of the shadows came with a price." Evelyne said as she took a deep breath. "I was that price."

"So you mean the shadows... made you?" Elice asked. "What would've happened if they didn't?"

"Angelique would've been driven to insanity in 0.3 seconds."

"So she's not really alive? She's gone?" Juliet asked as her hand tightened around Joshua's.

"She's still alive but she can only come out once in a while."

"Hey...dark witch who protects Angelique from insanity... I don't care." Terrandum said as he sidestepped around a puddle. "What I wanna know is why Alabor was at the core."