The vicious grin that was on his face, the deranged look in his dark eyes were forever stuck in my mind. I was frozen in spot as I waited for him to slow down, throw me in the backseat and beat me, possibly on the way to his house.

None of that happened. The next thing I knew was, I was on the ground. He had hit me with so much force that I flew over the car before I fell down. That was the last time I saw him, as I was desperately trying to keep my eyes opened.

The sight of his car leaving as nothing had happened. It was then that I'd realized how much I fucked up by ever giving him a chance.

I woke up with a sore throat. Cora and Luka were on each side of the bed, and judging by the smell and looks of it, I was in the hospital.

Cora was quick to hand me a glass of water and bring it to my lips. I gulped down almost the entire thing before I released a low sigh. I felt my cheek stinging a little bit, and as I touched the spot, I felt gauze on it.

''Are you okay?'' Luka's voice was soft, barely above a whisper. He held my hand and squeezed it softly.

''Yeah,'' I said and then cleared my throat, ''Did they catch him?''

The look on his face told me everything. ''Not yet, but they are searching. Officer Davis is right outside, and it's best if she spoke with you.''

As if on cue, Alison Davis entered the room. She was just as pretty as I remembered her. Long black hair, bright blue eyes and a figure so tall that she could pass off as a model. A small smile tugged on the corner of her lips, though it had a hint of pity.

''Good morning, Freya.'' She spoke softly, ''How are you feeling?''

I chuckled, ''I've been better.''

''Is it alright if I asked you a few questions?''

I nodded my head, ''Yes, sure.''

Officer Davis glanced between Luka and Cora and I gave her a reassuring nod, that she was free to speak in front of them. After all, they were the two people I trusted the most in this world, and they already knew everything regarding Milo.

''Walk me through what happened last night.''

''I was at a bar with Cora, and around ten we decided it was enough and we should go home. Halfway through, I got a call from you regarding his escape. When I got home, he was already there, with a knife in his hand.''

My voice was shaky and I tried my best to at least sound put together, since I looked like shit, probably.

Alison nodded her head, ''I promise, I have a few more questions and I will leave you to rest. Do you remember anything else about last night? Did he say something or do anything that might reveal his location?''

''The only thing he told me was that he would come back for me, that's all.''

She pulled a chair from the back of the room and brought it closer to the bed. Luka scooted over a little bit, and then she looked at me, with such a serious expression on her face that it gave me chills.

''This is not a joking matter. He is going to try and get you. You have two options right now, either come with us to a secret location where you will be held until he is caught.'' She paused for a moment, ''Or you could go to stay with someone and we will have someone watch over you at all times. However, if you pick the latter, I cannot guarantee your safety.''

My tongue was faster than my brain, ''Can you guarantee my safety either way? He found me in half of a day, and he is still running free. So, how safe am I going to be?''

It was harsh and my voice was rude, though it wasn't my intention. I needed her to be straight with me and tell me what are the odds of him finding me again, and somehow, I knew that if he truly wanted me, no matter if I slept in the FBI headquarters, he would get me either way.