Just when a destructive end was on the horizon, it would seem like things had settled for them. They were able to defeat the Primes and destroy the Flame. But Nia was trying to come to terms with all that happened.

She had dealt with Sheidheda and had killed a girl she thought of as a daughter. Now in this new world, there was chaos.

After the truth of the Primes was revealed, the people had rebelled. Wanting to escape with their lives, Russell Prime had tried to make the people turn on each other leaving them to divide into believers and non-believers. But Russell's plan experienced a setback when he opted to wake Wonkru. There in space, he would lose his family and his power.

But it was all too much for Nia. Having dealt with Sheidheda, the loss of Fox, and the fact that it all fell back on her to establish order. She needed time. Time to get herself together. But she wasn't sure if she could ever get herself back together. She had to evolve for the sake of her children or risk being a danger to them all.

So when Gabriel had brought up the anomaly, they decided it was worth investigating. Nia had seen it as an opportunity to get the space she needed. So Nia had left with the small group back to Gabriel's camp. But things would only begin to escalate.

The tent would shake as green light surrounded them, and a mysterious person would appear and stab Octavia. It all seemed to happen quickly, in a flash Octavia vanished. Bellamy and Nia exited the tent to search for the girl, but nothing could be seen anywhere.

"Octavia!" Both their voices echoed through the trees as they looked around for her. Nia stood in those woods taking deep breaths. This wasn't the life that she had ever pictured she would live. She had only wished to go back to being that kid in a field dreaming of different possibilities.

Bellamy continued to shout for his sister whose blood was still fresh on his hands. But his emotions were cut short when a force shoved him forward. Nia turned at the sudden attack but a force knocked her backwards.

Echo exited after helping Gabriel secure the girl, going to help the couple. Her eyes fell on Nia first making her rush to help her up.

"There someone here." Nia informed her as she stood. The sound of rustling caught their attention, their eyes finding Bellamy's unconscious body being dragged away.

"Bellamy!" Nia shouted before she rushed forward. Echo following behind her.

But another shove sent Nia backwards, knocking her into Echo making them both fall. Bellamy was getting further and further away. Each time one of the girls got up, they were quickly knocked back down. It was beginning to become a frustrating cycle, not seeing what was attacking them.

Gabriel was next to exit looking for the group but only seeing the girls getting back their feet. He informed them that the girl had fled but before any of them could make another move, Gabriel went flying through the air. They needed to find Bellamy before they lost him to whatever force was taking him. Echo picked up the gun while Nia held her sword. Echo began to shoot in the direction they wanted to go clearing a path before them. Both of them readying themselves for whatever they may face.

☢️☢️☢️

Having Nia leave in the moment of dire need was not a choice that Indra liked. Every since Nia was her second, Indra knew what kind of leader Nia would become. She had no doubt that the girl was fit for a bigger role. Indra had once pictured her leading Trikru alongside Lexa bringing peace throughout their lands. But that dream had changed and Nia had been through more than any of them in the last few days. She understood that Nia needed the time to get her head back on straight. She could only hope that it didn't take long because they would need her more than ever.