08.ㅤ Why do I Have to be Like This?

The air was thick because of the humid weather

The air was thick because of the humid weather. Right beside the window of the classroom, sat Jungwon lazily in his chair. His face was facing sideways, cheeks flat on the wooden table while his hand fumbled randomly on his blue pen.

All while his classmates chatter around during break time, he huffs and puffs, completely dejected over what happened yesterday.

"I think tutoring is not for her, Jungwon. I'm afraid it's going to drain Hani's energy. It's really not about you, boy."

"As if." Jungwon tched before pouting. "Maybe... I really did creep her out." He murmurs slowly.

"As you may know, Hani is a different case. She needs special care and understanding."

His palm lazily flies to his cheek, slapping himself heavily before rubbing his face in annoyance. He felt drowsy, but too energetic at the same time. He wants to do something, but he knows he can't.

"I know I should understand her, but I'm just so annoyed." He whispers to himself, but it sounded almost like a hush. Even when it happened yesterday, his heart was still heavy.

Yang Jungwon is not the type to carry grudges or negative feelings for long, but here he was, closing his eyes, opening them, fumbling with his hand, fisting it. He had absolutely no idea what to do with this frustration of his.

"Who should you understand?" Just then, a face barricaded the window view from Jungwon. It's his friend, Sunoo.

Jungwon furrowed his eyebrows, before confiding his face to his arms. He grunted, "None of your business."

"Totally." Sunoo stood straight and crossed his arms.

"I don't care who you should understand and why you're annoyed, but it's my business that you haven't been eating properly. So, let's go to the cafeteria and fill ourselves, I heard they have grilled squid on the menu." He said, before tugging Jungwon by his uniform vest.