07.ㅤ Disappointment

The afternoon was a little different than earlier morning

The afternoon was a little different than earlier morning. Rather than sunny halos and fresh air, Seoul suddenly felt gloomy and unusually dull.

Jungwon looks out of the window of the bus as it drives nearer to the place he plans to go. Busy eyes encaptured the vicinity that the bus passes by. There were a lot of food stalls and boutiques, albeit that it's a given considering that Hani's house is located in the middle of the downtown.

The bus stopped at the station, and Jungwon stood up to rush towards the exit. And as his feet land on the concrete sidewalk, his heart grows more nervous.

This is it. A little walk away from here, and he'll get to Hani's house, where he'll finally meet her again— But of course it's only for tutoring purposes... Right?

Yang Jungwon is a little good with the crushing game. In his hand is a plastic of two cartons of banana milk, along with warm chocolate chip cookies for snacks.

Jungwon gallops down the pavement, passing by stores after stores. The sky was covered with blasting clouds, and even with many people around, it was silent.

However, the boy was too busy walking hurriedly towards the pinpointed direction that Hani gave him beforehand. And as he turned to one corner, he finally saw it.

"Dark blue gate, orchid walls." Jungwon softly murmurs as he gazes at the dark blue gate and wall full of orchids. The house itself was fairly huge. It was allost like a mansion, except it was a little smaller— Something that a humble and a low-profile millionaire would live in.

It was decorated with various colourful flowers and plants. Only this house felt warm and bright, as opposed to the modern type houses that surround it.

And one thing that stood out the most were the marigolds. Its deep orange colour contrasted to the calm blues, violets, and pinks of the other flowers. It was a bright shade that fit well with the dark green leaves surrounding it.

Orange marigolds represent positive energy and strong emotions, which reminds Jungwon of Hani. Just like the dark green leaves, the girl may wear the darkest clothing, but the bright orange that's her beauty will always stand out.

Jungwon found himself smiling at that thought. Despite not being fond of 'pathetic' meanings and representation of anything related to nature, orange marigolds may just be his new favourite flower.