Chapter 12: Guru Parashuram's Curse

Start from the beginning

Suddenly some hot blood touched Guru Parashuram's lips and it's salty taste sent a sensation on his sleeping brain. He got up at once with a jerk and opened his eyes wide. He saw his pupil was sitting in uptight position but his right thigh was flooded with blood. A scorpion was attacking him with its tongs and tails. The poisonous tongs and tails were putting poison on his body too.

With a jolt Guru Parasharum take out his knife and killed that big scorpion effortlessly. He then put his hands on his pupil's head. His brain refused to believe what amount of pain this young man was tolerating just for his sake?!!

Karna flipped open his eyes slowly. He stared at his teacher's face gratefully. He did not have strength left in his body to thank him.

Suddenly Guru Parashuram got very much Infuriated. His face got hot red in rage. He even started to tremble.

Karna realized something was amiss. He joined his hands to him and asked bewilderedly -

"What happened, Gurudev?!! Did I do something wrong?"

Guru Parashuram burst into anger. He lifted his trembling fingers in his pupil's direction and asked him "Who are you?!! You are not Brahmin."

He opened his eyes wide

He opened his eyes wide. His worst nightmare was going to be true now!!

"I am Sut putro, Bhagavan." He said it slowly facing the floor.

"No. You are a khatriyo (warrior). You are still lying to me." He yelled in deep anger once more.

"Believe me. I am telling you the very truth." He politely declined him.

"No. You are lying to me." His teacher was still adamant in declaration.

Karna tried to touch his teacher's feet to beg his mercy. He kicked him hard on the same thigh without thinking of his wound. Karna winced but did not complain. His little brain refused to comprehend the consequences.

"You cheated me for long and told me the wrong identity. As your teacher, I curse you to forget every single details of war I taught you at the final battle with Arjuna. When you need the help of your Divyastras at that battle you will never recall them. You will never get your deserved recognition in this life."

Guru Parashuram cursed him aloud.

                   Guru Parashuram

Karna lifted his teary eyes to his own teacher and bowed him respectfully. Then slowly with a limp he went away of the ashram.

Guru Parasharum stared hard at the disappearing broken-hearted limping yet tall shadow of his favorite student Karna whom he donated his own now after seeing his mastery in the field of archery

Guru Parasharum stared hard at the disappearing broken-hearted limping yet tall shadow of his favorite student Karna whom he donated his own now after seeing his mastery in the field of archery. After Ganga son Bhism he did not meet someone of his calibre. Guru Ram had to sigh deep. He knew about the true identity of Karna beforehand. Guru knew that he was working as a mere pawn of the fate. This curse was completely unjust for a devoted young boy like Karna. This curse was just a siily excuse to save the legacy of his favorite student Karna even after his untimely demise. He knew that for Karna to win on a battle with his own brother would be compared to death. So he cursed him to become immortal in this worldly sphere. He had to try hard to make his disciple immune to the insults as they would remain with him till end.

He lifted his own teary eyes to the sky and perhaps seeked for God's mercy for himself. Gurudev Parashuram was himself fighting his own battle today.

************************************