22- Remember The Drive

Forever is a long time but I wouldn’t mind spending it by your side.
-He Is We, I Wouldn’t Mind It

I hate getting woken up. As you’ve probably learned- I am not, by any means, a morning person.

So when I was woken up by two giggling girls jumping on top of me with squealing, high pitched voices, you can imagine my level of grumpiness.

Once Marissa and Hanna climbed off of me I was pushed into the bathroom across the hall and made to take a shower- of course, they didn’t go into the bathroom with me, they just locked me in until they heard the shower stop and I got dressed in a pair of jean shorts and a plain t-shirt with my black North Face since it was supposed to rain today in Ocala. Not in Orlando, which is where I’ll be in a few hours, but only in Ocala going north.

“C’mon, sleepy butt.” Marissa chirped once I stumbled out of the bathroom, ready and half asleep.

Hanna was carrying my bag that I’d packed last night, knowing that if I was the one carrying it- it’d slow us down. Brendon wasn’t home and my dad already left to take Cody to therapy, so nobody was home as we walked through the house. I was tiredly leaning on Marissa as if I was half dead- which it felt like, and then I was emptied into the backseat of Hanna’s car before Marissa got in the passenger side.

I spread myself across the back seat, since it was only us three in the car, and tried to go back to sleep. However, much too soon, we were pulling up in front of another house- one that I assumed was Tanya’s, but much to my surprise, I wasn’t being pushed off of the seat by Tanya, I was being lifted up, and then sat back down on somebody’s lap- Evan’s lap.

I closed my eyes and rested my head on his lap, still praying for some sleep.

“I thought you were riding with Aaron.” I mumbled tiredly, not opening my eyes after he was greeted by both Hanna and Marissa.

“He was.” Marissa answered. “But we figured it’d be nice if he rode with us to calm the angry giant that is Maggie Harris in the morning.”

“Besides, when Amy heard our argument, she easily agreed to ride with Aaron, Tanya, and Chris.” Hanna added.

“How long is the drive?” I slurred.

“And hour and a half.” Evan answered, combing his fingers through my damp hair soothingly.

I nodded in understanding. “Good night.” I yawned, falling back asleep on Evan’s lap.

The next time I floated into the realm of consciousness, I was a lot less tired and grumpy, considering I wasn’t woken up this time, and it was ten- only forty minutes to go until we reached our hotel and then we’d spend the rest of the day swimming at the hotel pool. Tomorrow we’re going to Disney World.

“Hey, Maggie.” Hanna chirped from the driver’s seat as we were zooming down the high way behind Aarons silver Honda. “You packed your teddy bear, right?”

I know that she was referring to the pink fabric that acted as lingerie to some girls that was, at the moment, stashed in my suitcase inside the trunk. “Yeah, you were the one who forced it into my suitcase.”

“Teddy bear?” Evan questioned.

“The one with pink shoes.” Hanna giggled.

“Hanna!” I snapped. “You know that we can both play this game.”

“This is going to be a long car ride.” Marissa groaned from the passenger side.

“I’m very confused.” Evan mumbled.