20- Remember The Surprise

There is no surprise more magical than the surprise of being loved.
-Charles Morgan

“Wow.”

“I know.” I squealed as Brendon inspected my new heart locket as I gloated about it to him and told him about my night. Of course, I left out all the kissing and what we’d done when we got back to his house. But I did tell him about the stuff that Evan had gotten me and what I got him and how romantic all of it was.

“Can’t you do this girly stuff with Hanna? I don’t like you squealing in my ear.” He whined, sitting back down on the couch with his bowl of cereal. It was two in the afternoon, though, so I didn’t know why he was eating cereal instead of lunch. He’s so weird.

“But I want to tell you.” I chirped.

“Well, I’m honored and all, but please don’t.”

“Fine.” I sighed dramatically, standing up from the couch and walking past him and up the stairs into my room, where the framed note was now hanging up above my desk right beside the polaroid of me and Evan dancing that first night- I’d taped it onto the wall a few weeks ago.

I opened my laptop just seconds before a message from Skype popped up- it was Hanna.

HannaBanana: TELL ME EVERYTHING!

I giggled at that, but curiosity was eating at me, as well, considering we haven’t used our Skype accounts for years unless it was an emergency. Usually, we just texted or called each other.

MaggieBear: No phone?

HannaBanana: Don’t change the subject!

HannaBanana: P.S. My dad took it away.

MaggieBear: What’d you do?

HannaBanana: Stop it! Tell me about last night, I want to know every single detail!

MaggieBear: Okay, well we went out to the field that we were in when we said the L word, and then we sat down and I gave him that dog chain and he gave me the note that he wrote me asking me to be his girlfriend, only he framed it, and that heart locket that I know you know about. And we listened to music and watched the stars and then we went back to his house. The end.

HannaBanana: That is so cute! I swear, you need to find me his twin brother because I want my own Evan! I about melted at how cute this was when he asked me to help him pick out your necklace and it was so hard not telling you. Anyway, how is that the end? Didn’t you have sex?!

I rolled my eyes, she’s so blunt and personal… but that’s why I love her, I guess.

MaggieBear: We did, why do you care?

HannaBanana: When DON’T I care? I’m Hanna, I always care. I need to know more, actually. How many times? Did you go down on him?

MaggieBear: Why are you freaking out? It’s not like it was my first time.

HannaBanana: ANSWER.

MaggieBear: You’re impossible. Twice and yes. Happy?

HannaBanana: Oh, you whore! Anyway, I’ll see you tonight, right?

MaggieBear: What’s tonight?

HannaBanana: You don’t know?

MaggieBear: Know what?! What’s going on tonight?