Book 4: The Revelation

Start from the beginning

Bolin feebly reaches after Butakha as he walks away. Korra walks up to them as both brothers look at the ground with sad expressions. They glance to her as she stops.

Bolin: You wouldn't happen to have a secret Avatar bank account overflowing with gold, would you? Or your best friend?

Korra: I got nothing. We've never really needed money. We've always had people taking care of us.

Wider shot. Mako picks up the ball and puts it in a bag; slightly accusing.

Mako: Then I wouldn't say you have nothing.

Close shot of Korra and Bolin, Korra looking somewhat guilty; apologetically.

Korra: Sorry, I didn't mean —

Bolin: No, it's all right. It's just ever since we lost our parents, we've been on our own.

Korra: I'm so sorry. I didn't know.

Broader shot as Mako picks up the bags with two training balls in it and zips it shut.

Mako: So, anyway, how are we gonna come up with the money?

Bolin: Oh, oh, I got it! I got it! I've been training Pabu to do circus tricks. Now people would pay good money to see that!

Wider shot of the three teenagers. Bolin excitedly and hopefully looks at Mako, while both Mako and Korra look down at Bolin with a "you cannot be serious" expression.

Mako: Come on, Bolin. We need serious ideas.

Bolin: I was serious.

Mako: Don't worry about it. I'll figure something out. I always do.

Bolin stands up and both he and Korra eye Mako's exit with a wondering expression. Scene zooms in on Bolin, whose look changes to a determined one as he glances to the side.
===========================

Cut to Central City Station. The scene pans down Fire Lord Zuko's statue to reveal someone sitting at its base while people are passing him by.

Bolin: Come one, come all.

Close shot of Bolin who has a small bridge set up. He is wearing a flashy jacket and a fake mustache, while Pabu is standing on a little can, wearing a bright lime green jacket. He excitedly speaks to the passersby while making wide motions with his arms.

Bolin: See Pabu the fantastic fire ferret as he crosses the Ladder of Peril, upside down! Psst, psst.

The moment Bolin signals Pabu, the ferret jumps on the plank and starts walking across it on his front paws. Bolin softly cheers him on.

Bolin: Big finish, buddy. Stick the landing.

Pabu flips off and lands on one front paw.

Bolin: Ta da!

Someone throws a coin in Bolin's cup.

Bolin: Thank you, ladies and gentlemen! You are too kind! Seriously, too kind! You can come back here and put money right in this-

He shakes his cup, and his excitement vanishes as he hears that there is little money inside it.

Bolin: Okay, that's fine, that's fine. One yuan down, 29,999 to go.

Broad side shot as the typical red car used by the Triple Treat Triad pulls up to Bolin. Bolin looks up. Switch to a closer shot of the driver as he rolls down the window.

???: Hey, Bolin. Is that you?

Bolin: Oh, hey there, Shady Shin.

Shady Shin: Heard you're a big time pro-bending player now. Not bad.