When the Levee Breaks

Start from the beginning

He's back! Naruto thought going for a kunai.

As the figure emerged from around the corner he threw it with deadly speed.

But instead of hitting a crazed sand Genin they were instead met with an incredibly pissed Amaya. Her hair ruffled as she threw up with her own blade and deflected it. 

"WHat the hell is the matter with you Naruto!" The boy immediately shrunk at the sound of her voice echoing off the walls of the stairwell. Seething, she stuffed her kunai back in her pouch and took a step forward grabbing him by his collar. "Think before you do things dumbass! what if I had been a civilian?" 

Naruto nodded sheepishly. "Amaya." Shikamaru began, stepping foreword as well. Meeting his eyes sharply, she huffed, before letting go of the Uzumaki. "It was Gaara," Naruto murmured. 

"He-," 

"You just missed him." Shikamaru interrupted the blond.  

Amaya narrowed her eyes.

"I don't even wanna know." She held up her hand.

Naruto closed his mouth and pouted for a moment, only to gasp as he suddenly remembered something. "Amaya you got stabbed!" He jumped forward and gripped her shoulders, his head spinning. 

She stared blankly for a moment, thinking. 

"Oh," She hummed reaching down and lifting her shirt. 

"M'all good." 

The two boys looked to find a sorta healed stab wound along with a tattoo and a multitude of old scars. 

"Oh.. Wait!- YOu Have a tattoo?!!" 

Nearly knocked off her feet by the blast of Naruto's outburst, Amaya plugged an ear and shut her eyes for a moment. "You haven't noticed? I've taken my shirt off in front of you like a dozen times."

Now it was Shikamaru's turn to have an outburst.

"YOu've Taken you're shirt off in front of him?!!"

 Amaya looked between the two and let out a long sigh. 

"One, it gets hot when we train- two, I got it a long time ago." 

"Thats Awesome! I  want a tattoo too! That dragon is totally cool!" Naruto snickered, his cheeks flushed as he happily grinned. 

"Do not get a tattoo, they are unsanitary and dangerous," Amaya warned, lazily bonking the boy on his head before turning on her heel and starting up the stairs. "BUt you have one!" The blonde countered.

"Do what I say, not what I do!" She called over her shoulder before he figure was finally out of sight. That pain in the ass brat... Shikamaru thought in irritation. The pair stood for a few minutes contemplating the Uchiha's current predicament, all I know is I sure as hell wouldn't wanna be fighting that freak... The Nara concluded.

"C'mon let's go, you wanna see Sasuke's match don't you?" The Nara grumbled leading Naruto up the stairs. 

As his mind ran a thousand miles an hour Naruto nudged his side. Having arrived back at the finalist balcony the two stopped when they found Amaya standing and talking to an unfamiliar man. 

"Who's that?" Naruto mumbled.

She stood leaning against the rail with her back to the arena, arms crossed and a concerned look on her face. Looking down at her was a tall man, looking to be in his early twenties- his baggy black trousers matched the loose top he had on, and the pouch strapped to his leg signified he was a shinobi... yet there was no headband in sight. He on the other hand held a smug grin as he towered over her figure, his peculiar green hair pulled back into a long low ponytail.