CHAPTER 11: What came after, What came before

A/N: EVERYONE! HIIII! It's been a long while and I'm so sorry I wasn't able to respond to each of your comments but please know that I've read it all and I adore every single one 🥺🥺💖 You've all been so encouraging and your generous sentiments really got me out of a dark place countless times, beginning last year. I'm not even gonna front, last year sucked. I'm not gonna go into the details but I assure you all, I'M GETTING BETTER. I'M DOING BETTER. I'm in such a better place now and I've got a LOT more to give, both IRL and on working on my fanfictions (*'︶'*)

Now on to the chapter! We're off to a whole new arc but first, the transition. We're now in the calm after the storm although a new one's brewing in the not-so-distant future. With this new direction the chapter titles won't start with the letter R anymore and some of them will be taken from certain songs. Enjoy! ^^

﹌﹌﹌﹌

〖  Chapter Eleven  〗

Chapter Eleven

What came after, What came before

﹌﹌﹌﹌

Gone was the urgency in Mikey's mien by the time they arrived at the hospital.

He was startlingly silent on the way there, remaining stoic as he listened to Reiya's anguished retelling of how Draken got stabbed, his expression changing only once when she mentioned Kiyomasa's name. He didn't say anything but even then Reiya was certain of what he was truly feeling.

It communicated into his haste with a whipping intensity, funneling into his engine and into the roaring in their ears, in the wrenching cold prickling at their skin bearing down with the force of a thousand needles, driving him like fuel as they went beyond the speed limit and thereby breaking every single traffic rule there was.

But now a heavy mantle seemed to have settled over Mikey, giving the impression of a rather ominous sort of calm. His worry for Draken was obvious but he didn't let his emotions get the best of him, displaying a precocious maturity that both amazed and worried Reiya. But she kept her concerns to herself, knowing full well there was nothing else she could say to allay the severity of the situation. They were in for the worst of it now, and comfort felt like a faraway thing until they'd see this night through.

Until Draken's life was guaranteed beyond doubt. Until the future and their fate, especially Draken's, reached its final phase of being completely and permanently rewritten.

With Mikey following in measured strides, Reiya strode up to the receptionist's desk and all but made their presence known with the grace of a summer storm.

"Excuse me. We're here for a patient admitted through the emergency room. His name is Ryuguji Ken, brought in due to a stabbing incident. He should be here by now, along with some of our friends. May we know where he is? Please do hurry, it's an emergency!"