Anxiety

Request: Yes

Characteres: Jay Halstead x Daughter!Reader

It was a typical morning in the Halstead household

It was a typical morning in the Halstead household. Rays of light shined through your bedroom window, telling you it was time to wake up.

God, you love late mornings, but your dad -well his late morning definition was being awake at 7 in the morning- and if he dared wake you at that time, you would definitely throw hands.

Only 15 years old and yeah, your dad was maybe the most intimidating man in your life -dare you say-.

But there was something that showed over everything else was the love he felt for you -which safe to say he showed you every day-.

Unfortunately, you had to get yourself up and ready for your day, so after doing your morning routine you started for the kitchen.

Low and behold there he was, your dad, your best friend and your protector, probably making breakfast. So, you silently tiptoed to him in hopes of scaring him,

"Good morning sunshine. You know I know your footsteps right?" Jay said as you giggled

Fastening your steps so you could give his back a big hug, which made Jay turn his head slightly to his left and chuckle.

"How do you do that?" you asked him once you sat down and he gave you your plate diving into his,

"You're my daughter. I just know" he answered smiling at you.

You definitely had the best dad in the world, he always made sure to reassure you about his love and his patience.

Because the thing is, you were diagnosed with social and separation anxiety -those weren't the best duo-. This made your dad very overprotective of you.

That's how it has been since forever -started with your mother signing away her rights the minute you were born-.

It intensified years later once you got diagnosed, on your dads last tour. So, 15 years later and it was just your dad, and your uncle Will.

What about your grandfather? Your father's friends? Well, here is the thing,

—2 years ago...—

Being young and inexplicably afraid of interacting with new people was really hard. It started affecting your routine, your activities and concentrations.

Not being able to control how you feel, how afraid you could be.

Grateful that your dad didn't hesitate to make the adjustments for you to be homeschooled. You were trying, really trying.

After finishing your work for the day, you sat on your bed, listening to some low music while you draw some ideas.

Suddenly you heard a knock on the front door, so you turned off your speaker in order to hear what was going on.