If the world was ending

Request: Yes

Characters: Jay Halstead x FemReader

Some say that coming back from the military is hard

Some say that coming back from the military is hard. Some take it harder than others and some were like Y/N. You just didn't talk about anything you saw there and everyone you lost as well.

Though the only people who knew the same things you did were Jay Halstead and Mouse, given that you had served together in the rangers. You were known to a lot of your ranger buddy's as "Athena" -because when action called you turned in the Goddess of war herself- being the only girl in your team it suited you and you knew it came from a place of love.

--*--

Almost two years ago after Jay was discharged you decided to follow your best friend Jay Halstead opting to go into the police academy. Voight told you he'd have a spot for you in intelligence once you graduated. Now here you were -6 months into the job- walking up the stairs into the 21st district.

Your friends and coworkers would describe you as sweet, very sunshine like and almost nothing could make you loss your smile. But they didn't know that there were days it consumed you from the inside, drowning you.

"Hey, cinnamon, how's it going?" that was Trudy Platt.

The desk sergeant at the district -don't tell anyone- but she is a good friend of yours. Since Jay had introduced you to everyone you had bonded the most with the older and very sarcastic woman.

"Hey Trudy. All good, you?" you said in a singsong kind of way, she smiled slightly and answered,

"I'm good. Now go away, you don't want to be late, don't be like Adam. Be. Better."

"You already know me. Always" the two of you shared a sweet smile before your moment was interrupted by Adam himself.

Throwing his arm around your shoulder he gave you a kiss on the cheek. Here's the thing you have had a crush on Jay since forever but you didn't really find the courage to tell him. Now more than ever, because guess what, you were partners, so in some kind of way it was like old times, but being like old times meant it brought back feelings -unknown to you, Jay felt the exact same way-.

"Hey, beautiful" Adam said, he, well he was a flirt.

Most times you could handle flirty Adam, but god did he get on your nerves once in a while. Adam was harmless but men was he persistent, it was exhausting to say the least.

Plus you really didn't feel the joking vibe today since it would be your big brothers Michael's death anniversary -not that anyone knew- you didn't tell anyone, not even Jay.

Still to this day you remembered his pale face, the coldness and the red prints your hands left on his face when you were screaming for him to wake up. God that was the worst day of your life and today was the reminder -Adam wasn't really making it better-.