Chapter 5: The Milan Job

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Alright, act cool. He doesn't know who we are. For all he knows, we are just poor street kids asking for money." Swift says, but Tom found that confusing.

"Streets kids don't beg in hotels, Ryan. And they don't wear Rolex either." Tom eyed the expensive silver watch that is on Swift's wrist. Swift looked slightly peeved at Tom's comment.

"Fine. Whatever. Just... act natural." Swift whispered. He took an exhale, and finally knocked on the door of the room with the number 407. The two boys stood on the side of the door, out of the peephole's view so Dorian wouldn't expect them.

Ten seconds later, the two heard a click behind the door, presumably a lock. The door opens, revealing Dorian himself in the room. He couldn't see who was knocking, so he unlocked the door to find out, only to discover the presence of two boy teenagers on the doorstep. They looked innocent as Dorian felt.

"You kids are in the wrong room." Dorian greets them.

"Dorian Smith? We're here to ask you a few questions." Swift said.

Something's not right. Dorian thought. How come two random teenagers know my full name out of nowhere? Dorian's expression turned sour. They knew his identity. No one does.

Allison, hearing the conversation from her earpiece, spills the warm coffee from her mouth while she was drinking it from a cup. "You moron!" She said, pressing the earpiece in her ear.

Swift heard her shout, "Huh?"

"He's a ghost, you idiot! Don't say his name!"

Before Swift could realize it, Dorian shoved the two away from the door, sending them hitting the wall with their backs, stunned. Swift and Tom didn't see it coming. Dorian immediately slammed the door shut.

"Hey!" Swift exclaimed, still recovering from that unexpected push. He then rushed to the door in hopes of going after him, aggressively this time. But the door was locked when he tried pushing it open.

"Swift!" Tom shouted, with his pistol in hand. Seeing that he aimed for the card lock on the door, Swift moved aside, allowing Tom to shoot the mechanical lock three times. Luckily, Tom's pistol was attached with a suppressor, so no gunshots would be heard. The bullet damaged the card lock, as well as the actual lock preventing the door from opening. With that, Swift pushed the door with his shoulder.

Entering the quite-fancy hotel room, Swift and Tom found no Dorian in the room anymore. Swift noticed an open balcony door. Dorian must've gone out through the balcony. He ran to the balcony, but he found no one. He noticed a pipe beside him, perfect to slide down with. Could it be...? Swift looked over the concrete railing and spotted Dorian descending with his hands wrapped around the pipe so he slid down safely without falling.

"This job never gets easy," Swift muttered, irritated. He should've expected that. But time was running short. He figured the elevator was a waste of time, so he decided to make a direct approach. Swift jumps onto the railing and held onto the vertical pipe.

"Oh, no way," Tom says in disbelief while Swift tightened his grip on the pipe. "There's no way we're doing that."

"It's either this or that slow-ass elevator, Thomas!"

Swift then slides down the pipe, having no time to wait for the reluctant Tom. His hand heated up because of the friction as he slid farther, but he paid no mind. Swift is fixated on catching up to Dorian who is already at the bottom, landing in a bush decoration.

Meanwhile, Tom kept pacing back and forth. He wanted to take the elevator but he didn't want to look like a coward, otherwise, he might disappoint Swift.