Of course Louis tried his hardest to keep his promise to Harry but when he didn't return for five, then ten, then twenty minutes he began to worry. Inching out of the door slowly to silence apart from the ticking of the kitchen clock. Most of the lights were off, apart from the ones in the bedroom and the bathroom that couldn't be seen from anywhere outside the house. He made his way into the living room, not turning on any lights and moving towards the big window at the front to see out. Across the road from Harrys house was a field where he could see a load of figures gathered, there was a mixture of wishing Harry was there and wishing he wasn't.

Only two of the street lamps were on and if he pressed his face up close enough to the glass he could make out a few faces, recognising one to be Liam and one to be Jamie. The figure of Jamie moved and in his place stood Jayden, holding up an object that looked scarily similar to a gun.

He nearly screamed when he heard creaking floorboards behind him, whipping his head around and pulling out his phone to flash on the torch and see who was there. His heart beat still hadn't slowed down when he saw no one was there and the noise was just due to the age of the house. He looked back out of the window, seeing the figure of Jayden still holding up the gunlike object and pointing it in the direction where Liam stood although not at Liams figure.

All he could think about was stopping Jayden so his next thought was the police, dialling in 999 and tapping his fingers impatiently against the windowsill as it rang. After he'd listed off the address and what he was seeing he slipped on his shoes and pulled one of Harrys hoodies off the peg before easing quietly out of the front door, the emptiness and silence of the house freaking him out a little.

Somehow he managed to stay unseen and unheard as he made his way out of the house and across the street, crouching behind a bush not far behind the figure of Liam. From there he could make out voices.

"Just tell me where he is Styles, I want to hurt you the way you hurt me." Jayden hissed, his voice sending unwanted shivers up Louis' spine.

"And I told you already, Price, I haven't seen him since yesterday. He went home." Harry replied and Louis finally clocked that 'him' was Louis and Jayden was looking for him.

"Well that's a lie because we already stopped at his house and his mum said he was with you, so if you don't let me into that house then I'm going to shoot you, then smash down the door and shoot him."

Louis tried to move and ended up falling over, catching the attention of Zayn who stared at him wide eyed. Slowly he managed to inch his way closer to where Louis was laying in the grass, not gaining the attention of anyone else but the younger boy.

"You're the biggest idiot." He hissed practically silently, acting as if he was bending down to tie his shoelaces.

"I was scared Zayn, I'm sorry." Louis cried, trying to whisper but keeping quiet was something he'd never been good at and Harry had heard him.

Harry turned so fast Louis thought his head was going to fall off. When he caught sight of Louis his face dropped, especially when heard the laugh that came from Jayden.

"I told you to stay inside Louis, why couldn't you listen?" Harry had a hand in his hair, pulling Louis to his feet and shielding him from Jaydens view.

"I'm s-sorry Haz. I didn't know what was happening and I didn't want you to get hurt, I'm sorry." Tears were falling down his cheeks because he was terrified of what was going to happen next.

"So you knew where he was the whole time? Pathetic Harry." Jayden laughed.

That comment made Harry push Louis behind him, into the arms of Lex, and stand tall in front of the boy, glaring at Jayden with a look that could kill.

"If you hurt him then I'll personally take the liberty of hurting every single thing you've ever loved." Harry growled, clenching his fists at his side.

"You've already done that Styles, that's the only reason why I'm out to get you." He raised the gun again.

Louis could see Max and Jamie stood to his left, both boys looking absolutely terrified. Max even put his hand on his older brothers shoulder and whispered something to him but he just shoved it off with a growl.

Police sirens could be heard in the distance and Louis smiled a little, relieved. He even felt Lex loosen her grip on him and he managed to wiggle out of it, moving to try and stand closer to Harry. The sound obviously struck fear into Jayden as he raised the gun and pointed it. Everyone gasped, beginning to move.

But the trigger had been pulled.

A/N

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNN !!!!

You'll have to wait until Monday to see what happens next haha ;)

This update is later than usual because I've had a busy day and wanted to make sure I was 100% happy with the chapter, which I am now.

Hope you all had a great Saturday, love you lots xxx

**image, this manip makes me want to rip my throat out**

{34,600 reads 2,200 votes}