0.49

25.05.15

~*~

The gun was aimed at Harry. But Louis being Louis had stepped in front of him not realising the bullet was flying through the air until it hit him. He gasped, stumbling forward and dropping to his knees as a searing pain tore through his right upper arm. All noise around him had seemed to fade, as if everything was underwater. He could only concentrate on the pain and the feeling of the hot liquid dripping down his arm.

He didn't even hear Harry shout for him as he used to his left hand to press against the wound, whimpering in pain and pulling his hand away only to gag at the sight of the blood on his hand.

Finally he managed to gain some sense, realising he was in fact crying. Jayden had long since dropped the gun, just staring at it while he was held back by Liam who was watching Louis in fear. Jaydens original plan was to scare, not to shoot so even he was shocked at the fact that he'd done it.

Harry was kneeling in front of Louis, talking and getting no response from the boy whose eyes were vacant, as if he wasn't really there. Niall, Zayn and Lex were stood around them, looking out for the police car they'd heard.

"Louis, Lou." Harry called, the boy slowly snapping back to reality and beginning to sob at the pain.

"Harry," he cried, "it hurts, there's so much blood Harry what do I do?"

Harry had already taken off the jacket he was wearing, ripping some of the fabric to wrap around the wound. Although Louis was still wearing his jumper that was now unfortunately soaked with blood.

"The police Harry, the police are coming and you're going to get in trouble for being around the gun. Harry go." Louis worried, not thinking rationally.

"I'm not going anywhere, you need to take deep breaths. We need to get you out of this jumper." Harry said a lot calmer than he felt, a hand running down Louis' face and wiping some of the tears.

His hands were shaking too much for him to do anything helpful, meaning Lex had to crouch down and slowly coax Louis out of the jumper. Even she winced at the sight of the wound, having to close her eyes for a few seconds because she could clearly see where the bullet had lodged itself into his flesh, blood dripping steadily down his arm.

Harry had to take a few deep breaths, looking Louis in the eye as he wrapped the fabric tightly round the wound just as the police approached.

A policewoman walked briskly over to them, crouching next to Louis then speaking quickly into her walkie-talkie about sending an ambulance while the policeman who was with her headed over to Jayden. The boy didn't even put up a fight as he was handcuffed and led to the police car, looking back at the mess he'd made.

The gun was wrapped up and Liam was free now, rushing over to Louis side to see what was happening. His eyes were vacant again, Harry trying desperately to get his attention and try and keep him conscious but failing to do so as his eyes fluttered shut and he appeared to have passed out from loss of blood.

An ambulance pulled up less than a minute after, two women rushing out and over to the policewoman before inspecting Louis. The brunette paramedic turned to the five others who were surrounding and watching as the other woman shone a torch on Louis' face and tried to get a reaction out of him.

"Hello, I'm Sophie. I need one of you to tell me all the details you can about this boy and what happened." The brunette said far to sweetly for the situation.

"His names Louis Tomlinson," Harry said, squeezing his eyes shut to prevent tears as he watched Louis be lifted onto a stretcher and carried to the ambulance, "16 years old, birthdate December 24th 1999. The gun was aimed at me and he stepped in not realising it had been shot and he was hit, lost quite a bit of blood and I guess he passed out at the sight."