Chapter 18

Joey's PoV

"So...What was your plan?" Joey asked as he followed Xornoth through, his eyes were still blood red.

The demon grumbled. "That brother of mine is dead, together with half of my power, my entire plan, ruined!" Xornoth pinched the bridge of his nose. "We're going to Rivendell."

"Why?"

"Now that I don't have enough power to destroy it immediately, I'm going to have to take it down in a different way."

———

Autumn's PoV

"Your majesty! Your majesty!" A guard ran into the room Ocean, Jimmy, Joel and Autumn were in.

It had been a quiet day with all of them too lost in their own grief and thoughts to say anything, this was probably the first time they had heard someone speak today.

Joel looked up. "...What is it?" He asked.

"A disease is plaguing the empire of Rivendell." The guard panted. "...The ill seem to show the same symptoms as the prince."

Everyone's head shot up at the mention of Rivendell.

"What?!" Jimmy exclaimed, he buried his face in his hands. "No no no no no." He mumbled quietly to himself.

Autumn thought of her little brother who was still in the empire and bit the inside of her cheek, what could they do?

Joel signalled for the guard that he could leave before closing his eyes, trying to think.

"What do we do now?" Ocean asked with a small voice.

Joel shrugged at the question. "I don't know." He replied hopelessly.

"What if we go to Gem? Surely she'll know what to do!" Jimmy suddenly said.

———

Yes I am aware of the fact that this story hasn't been uploaded for 4 months-
Yes I am aware this chapter is very short
And yes, I am aware that I need to upload more often.

Which is why I present to you;
(Drum roll please)

...an upload schedule!

From now on I will be trying to upload a new chapter in one of my books every Monday! Yay!

See you all in the next chapter! ^^