Chapter 10

Autumns PoV

"Excuse me? Where are we going?" Autumn shouted through the window of the carriage, "Hello?" The man that drove the carriage didn't answer.

"Where are we heading sir? This time it was Sun who spoke.

"The Lost Empire your highness."

The three looked at each other with shocked expressions before Sun spoke again, "Could you bring us to Mezelea?

"I'm terribly sorry your highness but I have orders from the crown prince, allow me to suggest that you go there from the Lost Empire."

"Great, miraculously we didn't get executed at Mythland but surely we're gonna die in the Lost Empire." Ocean sighed.

"We're not gonna die!" Autumn shouted time whilst Sun completely ignored her.

———

"We have arrived your highness."

The carriage stopped in the middle of the jungle, with no sign of civilization whatsoever, both Ocean and Autumn frowned, "Uhmm, where are we exactly?"

Sun smiled, "The Lost Empire." she said after thanking the guard, "Well it sure is lost, i don't see anything apart from some trees and big insects." Ocean complained. Sun ignored her as she started pushing away a few vines and big leaves until she found a small stone path, "We just have to follow this." She said, "We'll be there in an hour or two."

———

Finally, they reached the end of the path, the sky had already turned dark upon their arrival, what Autumn saw made her jaw drop, a huge temple was located in the middle of an open field, just like the Ocean Empire, the Lost Empire didn't have many citizens, but the citizens that were there walked over a path next to a small river and stopped at some of the market stalls to buy something. From where they were standing, Autumn could see two other temples behind the central one.

"Your highness! You have arrived!"

A woman shouted as she approached them, "Welcome back my lady, who are these people?" the woman asked as she shoot a  wary look at Autumn and Ocean, "Friends." Sun smiled, "Could you bring us to my father?"

"Of course my lady! Come with me please." She said before shouting something to another guard, "Lady Sun has arrived! Inform the king!"

They were brought to the central temple, the woman opened a door that was built inside the large stairs that led up to the very top of the temple, the door led to the inside of the temple which was filled with chests and served as a storage room, the woman continued walking until they saw a guard talking to a man with blonde hair and green eyes, the man also had a pair of wings on his back that could be described as those of a parrot.

The blonde looked up from his conversation, his face lightening up as soon as he saw Sun, but his smile almost immediately fainted when the two other girls met his eyes, his wings twitching a little, "Father!" Sun smiled as she walked over, he smiled back before looking back at the other two girls again, "Who are they?" his voice was filled with suspicion and disgust.

"Friends..."

"From where?"

Sun stayed silent for a while before reacting, "The Ocean Empire and Rivendell."

The guard that the man had been talking with let out an audible gasp.

"I see...get out."

"What! But...you c-cant let us l-leave!" Autumn stuttered.

The blonde narrowed his eyes, "Listen here sweetheart, you should be very thankful I'm not executing you for trespassing our borders! But right now I am getting second thoughts about that decision.

Autumn gulped but opened her mouth again to say something back, luckily, Sun quickly interrupted her, "But father, they can't go back to their empires! Please, let them stay, it won't be for long!"

Autumn expected that the man would refuse to let them stay but instead, he sighed and nodded at Sun before looking back at Autumn and Ocean, "I'm Joey. Demi will show you your room." He said while shooting another angry look at the two girls before continuing his conversation with the guard.

———

Jimmy's PoV

"THEY WHAT?!" He shouted at Lizzie as his face became red, "WHAT ABOUT THE 'I'M GOING TO GET THEM'?!" Lizzie suddenly looked very occupied with inspecting the floor underneath her, Jimmy kept on screaming and screaming while Scott tried to calm him down, with emphasis on tried.

"WHERE COULD THEY BE?!"

"The Ocean Empire, Mezelea, and the Cod Empire are all too far to make it in time, the only possible explanation is that they are in Mythland." Lizzie almost whispered the last word, but Jimmy still heard it, his anger now being replaced with fear. "I'm going."

"I'm coming with you." Lizzie said.

"Scott, stay here and look after Sage and the empires."

Scott wanted to protest but he knew he couldn't convince Jimmy and instead reluctantly nodded, "Stay safe."

Jimmy smiled, "You know me."

Scott sighed and just shook his head, "Goodbye." He said while giving Jimmy a kiss on his cheek.

Hi guys thanks for reading! Yes, I know this is not a very long chapter but, to be honest, I just don't really feel motivated to write right now.

Shout-out to @wtfcontodo for voting for every chapter so far! I really appreciate it!

See you in the next chapter!