ⅫⅠ

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑

"𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘊𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘋𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴 "

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

╰┈˚ · ° .  ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴɴᴇʀ ᴄɪʀᴄʟᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ꜰᴇʏʀᴇ ᴡᴀʟᴋᴇᴅ ɪɴꜱɪᴅᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅɪɴɪɴɢ ʀᴏᴏᴍ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍʀᴇɴ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇᴍ.

As she walked, Maiven almost gasped as she felt the now familiar touch of Azriel's shadows caress the skin of her exposed arm. They moved slowly, wrapping their misty form around her with gentle touches. But nothing about it was innocent. And then they were gone. The bloodsinger turned her head towards the shadowsinger, who still continued as nothing had happened but she knew, by the way his lips tugged slightly upwards almost in a smirk, that he was well aware of it. And he did it on purpose.

Maiven's own smirk threatened to form on her face but the girl quickly covered her expression.

As nothing had happened, nothing had changed, she continued to walk towards the table.

Mor groaned, slumping into a chair near the end of the table, and poured herself a glass of wine. Cassian took a seat next to her and wiggled his fingers for the wine bottle. As soon as he filled his glass Maiven snatched it from his hand and sat down in her seat across from him.

Cassain glared at bloodsinger but she was too focused on the other to even notice.

"Your taste remains excellent, High Lord. Thank you." Amren said. Her voice was soft—but honed sharper than any blade. Her slim, small fingers grazed a delicate silver-and- pearl brooch pinned above her right breast.

Rhysand waved a hand and bowed his head. "It suits you, Amren."

"Everything suits her." Maiven commented. Her lips formed a feline grin that matched the predatory smirk on the Ancient being's face.

As soon as Amren shifted her focus Maiven caught Cassian mouthing to her

'Kiss ass ' and that made her grin widen even more

Ameren took a step closer to Feyre, sniffing delicately.

"So there are three of us now." She said

Feyre's brows nudged toward each other.

Amren's lips were a slash of red. "We who were born something else—and found ourselves trapped in new, strange bodies." She jerked her chin at Feyre, gesturing to sit in the empty chair beside Mor. Amren claimed the seat across from the older Archeron twin, Azriel the one between her and Maiven and lastly Rhys took the one Feyre's right.