𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗

"𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘭𝘦𝘵'𝘴 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘴 "

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

╰┈˚ · ° .  ʟɪᴠɪɴɢ ᴅᴀʏ ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀ ᴅᴀʏ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴘʀɪɴɢ ᴄᴏᴜʀᴛ, with not even being allowed a minute to breathe without having to be followed around, was starting to drain Maiven. Her days were spent in her room and once a while she would have a meal with the others. Tamlin and Lucien were almost always away, and with her sister acting weird towards her, she preferred to stay alone.

Everytime she could, Maiven would winnow to Velaris. Still practicing her powers with Amren and Rhys and her new duties.

The word that there was a new Bloodsinger, Rhysand's bloodsinger, already spread through the City of Starlight. It was something that she had not thought about, how the people would react to her.

Centuries had passed from the death of the last bloodsinger, Rhysands's father's Eardreor, and many grew up with just stories passed down into their family.

Weird. That could probably explain how Maven felt as she walked through the streets with faeries, children, looking at her with happiness and awe.

Definitely very different from what she was used to.

Now, It was the middle of the night and dawn was still far away. All her problems haunted her mind to the point that not even being alone in her room was enough to at least calm her down a bit.

So she did the only thing that she knew would help, she winnowed to Velaris.

The bright stars shined in the night sky, their light never ceased to amaze her.

The city echoed in her blood, in her body, in her magic, in her soul. If she closed her eyes and focused enough, Maiven could feel the emotions that the people radiated through the streets. It was like nothing she had ever felt before. And something that she probably couldn't live without now.

On the top roof of the House of Wind, where the training ring was positioned, open to the elements, Maiven layed down on the ledge, her legs bent and eyes trailing up at the sky.

One of her knives, a slender Illyrian blade made for throwing, danced between her fingers. It was one of the knives that Cassian had gifted her for her birthday.