Samual: The Power Project - Chapter Four

DISCLAIMER ⚠️:

You are about to venture into some PG-17 scenes. If you do not want to read sexual content, including birthing a child and mental abuse, please skip to the next chapter! However, this chapter may be necessary for the storyline.

Thank you.

∆∆∆

A video cam ran in the distance while I zoomed up and down a long hiking trail deep into the woods. "You went from science nerd to super jock in a single accident. When your dad finds out, he will lose his shit." Dexter said, his voice barely audible in the distance.

"I know. Matt and I haven't told Henry or him yet," I replied.

Danielle sunk her feet into the dirt, and our baby, Grace, was ready to pop out. "Poor Henry. He gets left out on a lot of your family secrets."

"Do you like him or something?" I asked, walking with her as Dexter followed us with a camera. Danielle shoved me nearly off a cliff, but I caught myself. Besides, I could fly. "No genius. I like you." She said with a goofy grin at the camera.

Dexter broke out in chuckles, turning the camera on himself. "There you go, ladies and gentlemen. Dani has a crush on Superboy." Danielle pushed Dexter this time, giggling. I just about thought she would go into labor. Dexter turned the camera back on Danielle and me, zooming in on her face.

"Shut up, Dex," she growled.

"Ooh, pregnancy hormones. They're scarier than you, Sam," Dexter chuckled again, barely losing his footing on a small pebble, but I caught his fall.

"It's okay if you love me, Dani, because I love you too."

Dexter chuckled, weaving the camera at another angle. "Are you two going to kiss?" he asked, puckering his lips toward us.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Maybe." I grinned, slamming my hand into the camera. I wiggled my eyebrows at Danielle and took her hands in mine. I pulled her close, our lips touching as I lifted her into the sky. Then the video cut out at that very moment.

"Hey, Sam," Danielle turned my attention away from the video on my computer for a second.

"You're about ready to burst," I said, smiling at her and brushing my palm against her baby bump. At twenty, we were so close to welcoming baby number two, Maximus, into the Superhuman Prodigy Project. I wasn't even sure he was my son, but I would still raise him like mine if I could take Danielle, baby Grace, and Maximus away from this hellish place.

Danielle was pregnant again two months after she was pregnant with Maximus. Alexander had added two more twin boys, mostly to cover up that Maximus was our only naturally conceived son, but I only found out about the scandal years later. We argued over names but decided on Noah, named after her brother, who passed at four years old, and Bryce, after her dad died of cancer, shortly after we found out she was pregnant again. Irish triplets-Just our luck. Thanks, Alexander.

"Yeah, I know," she said, holding my hand on her tummy. Maximus kicked my hand hard enough for me to feel it but soft enough to hurt his mother barely, and I blushed, melting into my seat. "Do you have anything new on the project? Anything we can blackmail Alex with?"

"I rolled away from the computer for just a moment, grabbing a stack of papers off to the side, "Not yet, but I'm getting somewhere," I told her.

She jolted as Maximus gave another strong kick in her gut. "I feel like any day now. Max will make an appearance." She said, collecting herself from that minor blow.