42. A Taste of Adventure

CHAPTER 42 

The next day, Serena stood in front of her long length mirror, applying bronzer to her cheeks, accentuating her golden glow. The mayor would be here any minute and she had full confidence he'll slip through unnoticed, not alerting the other admirers.

Giddiness filled her belly at the thought. He hadn't enjoyed Tricky Treats and what it offered, and she intended to pull the most delicious sweets and chocolates that would further melt his heart. It's might as well she took advantage of this situation.

It was past lunchtime and Serena waited for what seemed like a century already. The antidote potion was almost complete... finally. It just needed one more night. The mayor better be dropping soon. She didn't stay all night slaying away in the kitchen for nothing.

Little patter of paws ran upstairs to her bedroom. "Your admirer has arrived." Cleo said with a roll of her eyes at the door.

"He's here." Serena murmured, brushing up quickly the sides of her pinned up hair and sucked in a breath.

She hurried downstairs in her 4-inch heels and tight pencil dress, hugging every inch of her hips. The mayor's tall frame stood with his back towards the large windows. The sidewalk looked empty. Serena walked to the front door, small butterflies forming low in her stomach, and opened.

The mayor turned around; his smoky grey hat tucked underneath his arm. His sandy blonde hair neat and swept back. As he saw her, his blue eyes lit up, making the depths of her belly swarm. A warm smile spread across his face.

"Come in," Serena pulled the mayor inside and poked her head out, looking for Oliver, Ms. Baker, Theo, or the two miners. But nobody was out.

"Where are they?" she said.

"I'd requested their tax forms immediately be sent to my office or I'll give them each a fine." The mayor chuckled. "They'll be back any moment. At least it was enough to clear the way."

Serena spotted Theo returning through the gap of the door with an annoyed look at Ms. Baker, hot on his heels. She winced at the sight of Theo. She was sorry for giving the mayor special treatment, but she couldn't help it. Dammit!

She slammed the door shut and locked it.

The mayor looked around the sweet shop. The last time he was here, he was ready to cuss Serena out and show her who's boss. But... things were different now. Much more different. That it slightly frightened him.

Serena studied the mayor. He was the only resident besides the Baker's to not enjoy her treats and she so badly wanted him to taste her goodies. She couldn't wait to spoil him.

The man said he enjoyed travelling.

"You've tasted none of my treats, have you, William?" she smirked with her hands crossed over her breasts.

The mayor blinked twice. His breath hitched with his name rolling off Serena's lips. "No-No, I haven't had the pleasure. From what I hear from the residents, you have quite a reputation." He said.

A wicked smile hiked up her red lips. "You're a travelling man, William." She sauntered salaciously up to him, and he staggered back.

He gulped. Hoping Serena wouldn't come on too strong, he's too weak to resist her, but he wouldn't want to anymore. She had him in the palm of her hand.

"My travels are over, I'm afraid." He murmured.

"Hmmm, that's a shame. Which is why I'm taking you on a trip around the world in this very room." She crept up behind and leaned up to his ear on her tippy toes, whispering hot against it. "You want to fly with me?"