She turned back around, calling to me as she continued to walk backwards. "By the way, Dean Thomas was looking for you."

"Okay, thanks Luna." I said, turning around.

I pushed between people, friends that hadn't seen each other all summer, couples having a sweet reunion, giving an awkward pardon as I squeezed by.  

As I walked, a door directly in front of me slid open and I got snatched into a hug.

I realised it was Elijah and gasped, slapping his back as he hugged me.

"Dude, bloody hell! You scared me." I breathed as he let go of me.

"You actually survived." He said. As soon as I saw him, I realised how tall he got, he could easily touch the corridor ceiling without having to slightly straighten his arm. "I thought you would be dead in a ditch somewhere."

"Funny." I said, crossing my arms.

"Seriously though," He said, putting his hands in his pockets, "I didn't see you on the platform, I thought you weren't coming back."

"Why wouldn't I be coming back?" I cocked my head.

"You haven't heard?" He asked. I shook my head. "Apparently a lot of parents pulled their kids out of Hogwarts this year. Saying it's not safe and what not."

"Really?" I scoffed, "It's Hogwarts."

"Hey," He said, putting his hands up in defence. "You don't have to tell me. I'm on the train, am I not?"

"Yeah, that just seems unheard of," I shrugged, "Father always said there wasn't a better place to be than Hogwarts if something were to happen."

"Well, I mean, things aren't exactly going well I'm the wizarding world right now." He said, "Mum had almost convinced Dad to transfer me to Ilvermorny.

"Ew." I screwed up my face.

He chuckled, "And Dumbledore is a bit old now, just saying."

"Right," I nodded. I thought for a second, remembering what my original goal was. "Hey, have you seen Dean around anywhere?"

He checked his watch, "He popped in maybe 30 minutes ago?"

"Alright," I nodded, "Thanks."

"Haven't you fancied him since 3rd year?" He said, swapping places with me in the corridor so I could continue walking.

I shrugged, giving him a smile.

"If things don't work out with Potter, you should go for it. Dean's a good bloke." He nudged my arm.

"Yeah, yeah." I said, starting to turn around.

"Don't wuss out like you always do." He called behind me. I turned around as I kept walking, giving him a fake shocked expression.

I opened the door to the next corridor, immediately running into Dean. Literally.

I bumped into his chest, knocking us both off balance in the already bumpy train. I grabbed onto the wall for support, and he stumbled back, holding onto my arm to keep from falling.

"Hey," I chuckled.

"Hi," He smiled at me once he was steady on his feet again.

"I heard you were looking for me," I put my hands in my pockets, cocking my head slightly.

"Yeah," He rubbed the back of his neck, "Just wanted to check in with you, I know this summer might've been a bit rough."

"Yeah," I shrugged, "I'm doing good. Nothing insanely out of the ordinary happened, you know?"

We were both trying to keep the conversation vague, considering the amount of people crowded around us and the fact that neither Draco nor I wanted anyone to know of our living situation.

The only people I had told was, Ron, Harry, Hermione, and Elijah, and Dean.

So a few more people than I realised.

He smiled, nodding.

I saw a glimpse of Harry approaching the corridor, and him suddenly retreating when he caught sight of us.

"Hey," Dean said, changing the topic, "You're going to be Ravenclaw's quidditch captain, right?"

"Yeah," I exhaled, blowing the hair out of my face. "Bit worried, lots of our best players graduated last year."

"I'm sure you'll put together a great team." He just had to ad on to that supportive sentence. "Not as good as Gryffindor, but you know, still good."

The corridor slid open slowly, though no one was there and a breeze gave me a slight chill before the door on the other end of the corridor rolled open.

Subtle. He could've almost gotten away with it if I didn't know all of Harry's tricks.

I chose to ignore it and so did Dean.

"You might be surprised, they are getting the best quidditch captain this school has seen." I shrugged.

"I'm hearing a lot of big talk but I'm not seeing anything to back it up." He shrugged.

"Ouch." I gave a out a shocked laugh.

I checked the time on my watch, realising the time.

"Ugh, I really hate to do this," I said, "But I should probably go change into my robes."

"Right," Dean nodded, "I'll talk to you later, yeah?"

"Yes, definitely."

"How about... Hogsmeade on Saturday? 4 o'clock?" He flashed a big but shy smile.

I nodded, fighting my goofy and unnecessary grin. "Saturday, 4 o'clock."

I said my goodbyes, going back down the corridor. I cursed at myself as I closed the corridor door. 

When am I gonna make the first move?