Chapter Thirty Nine: Molto Bello

Start from the beginning

"is drinking really the only outlet you have right now?"

"What are you, my fucking life coach now?" He used his arm to push me aside like a curtain. "I don't have a problem with alcohol."

"You reach for it every time you're upset."

"Men drink. They don't talk about feelings. Well, maybe they do, but that would be your type of man. The hippie sweater vest man."

"You mean an emotionally stable man?"

"Levati dai coglinio," he spat. He get off my balls. "I know you just love to get into my business and wrench apart my brain to call it practice for your school projects but fuck off. We're not close like that and we never will be. Even if my cock fucked your tonsils earlier." Then he gave me a little nasty smirk away from me.

"You wish I was on your balls, stronzo."

That stopped him right in his tracks.

He lumbered up his shoulders before he turned slow and meandered back to me, setting his drink down on the bar. "I don't want you on top," he said, so low and intimate we narrowed into our own little world. "I want you at my mercy. With my balls slapping against your clit from behind."

My heart raced at his dirty mouth. My chin lifted and I met his wicked eyes. "You don't call the shots, stronzo."

Lucius's eyebrow rose, and I turned to walk away, when he pulled me in and kissed me so hard our teeth clashed together. His hands came around to either side of my waist, and I stumbled back into the bar, his bodyweight leaning into mine. He kissed me again, slow but assertive, his tongue stroking mine in a lazy caress. He reached down and grabbed my ass through my pants, pressing my against his hard length.

"Lucius!" his mother called out.

"My elbow knocked into a bottle, and Lucius' hand shot out and snatched the bottle before it fell. He set it down with a curse.

"Lucius, vieni qui!"

"Coming, mama!" Lucius shouted back.

I followed the line of his strong stubbled jaw as he turned his head to look down at me.

"Go upstairs," Lucius murmured, his eyes dark with intentions. He retreated from the room.

He opened the door and slid in, locking it behind him. He leaned back against the door. And looked at me. And I looked at him. He was somewhat out of breath, and I figured he'd taken two stairs at a time.

"We should probably discuss what's going to happen tonight," I said.

He raked his hand through his hair. "Alright..."

"Would you like to see the ring?"
It was the second time he'd asked me, and the second time I'd hesitated. It shouldn't have mattered whether I saw it now or later. "Keep it a surprise. I'll have a better reaction."

"Do you have an idea of what you're going to say?" I asked.

He sat down on the front of the bed, rolling the box around his fingers. "Have you practiced your happy tears?" he countered.

We looked at each other. "No," we said in unison.

Lucius tossed the ring into his duffel bag like it was a basketball. "Quiz me."

"How old am I?"
"Twenty-four."

"And my middle name is...?"

"Blank."

I couldn't help but laugh, and he gave me a smug grin. When he smiled, it lit up his tan, rugged features and made him look absurdly attractive.

"How many tattoos do I have?" he asked.