Chapter Fourteen: Boyfriend Material

CIAO!!!!!

IMPORTANT QUESTION: What kind of scenes would you like in an arranged marriage/enemies to lovers book like this??? Don't be shy...  ;)

Please drop a vote on this chapter, leave lots of comments, and share it with a friend! It helps this story get ranked and also helps my career! :P

***

 The next week was thankfully La Notte free. I had three exams before Thanksgiving break, and I needed to pull all of my focus into my studies.

Lucius made it easier to focus by not harassing me with texts at night or showing up at my house uninvited. I wasn't sure what he was so wrapped up in, whether it was work or something more akin to his clearly high sex drive, but whatever it was, I'd added it to my 'What I'm Grateful For" list every morning in my journal entry.

The week moved by with the speed of a snail and no texts for Lucius. I wasn't sure why I was even waiting for them and decided I was just lonely.

I got two vicious exams out of the way and celebrated by treating myself to Starbucks. While I was in line for my mocha peppermint Frappuccino and chocolate chip cookie, the man in line behind me, Nick, struck up a conversation. Apparently, he was getting the same exact order as me and was celebrating completing a big work project that week. He was tall with medium brown hair and kind brown eyes. He ended up paying for my drink, so I sat down with him for a bit to chat. He was very smart, a computer engineer, and a few years older than me like Lucius. I ended up giving him my number.

"We've been texting ever since," I finished telling Bianca, Anikka, and Lana, as we pursued around our favorite lingerie store.

"What happened with Fletcher?" Anikka asked. "He was pretty cute..."

I shrugged. "I don't know, I just wasn't feeling it."

"When you know, you know," Lana said, looping her arm in mine to steer me toward the thongs. "So, has he asked you out yet?"

"You've never done booty stuff?"

"Will you keep it down?"

"What? I'm just shocked. I thought because you're more conservative talking about your sex life that you were a total freakazoid in the sack."

"I'm definitely not."

"Oh, my God. Don't tell me you're a vanilla in bed."

"I am not a vanilla," I said, punching her arm. "Seriously, can you keep your voice down?"

"Korinna, are you blushing?"

"Can I just pick out my cotton underwear in peace?"

"Give me that," Bianca said, snatching the undies from my hand. "Good Lord. Is this what my supposed best friend has been wearing underneath her clothes all this time? Grandma underwear?"

"This is not grandma underwear. Ever have a UTI? It sucks!"

"Just pee after sex," Annika said.

"I do, I just had one really bad once and now I get nervous." Feeling like I was the least experienced in the group, I held up a G-string in disturbance, "This underwear puts me at a higher risk. And it'll just give me a wedgie."

"I've been neglecting you, haven't I?" Bianca asked, rubbing my arm.

"Please tell me you at least own one teddy," Anikka said.