[12] Silent wish

-Sob, why are you so weak? I must work harder, sob

"What do you mean you're waiting for me? Do you know I'll come to find you?"

-Sob!

The Vitality of The Heart didn't give him an answer but only kept crying.

-Ah, shut up, Crybaby! Shut up and do your work properly!

"You know each other?"

-Ahahaha, little kid, ignore that old man. He is a Crybaby. We were friends when we were alive. Anyway, I am hungry. Let's eat beef steak, little kid!

"Friend? Are you-"

-Oh, look! Bread! Chicken skewer! You know, little kid, in my timeline, there's no bread as soft as the one you give me! The one you give me is the best! The soft texture, the melting sensation when you put it in your mouth! The sweetness-

"Sigh...yes, yes...."

Clyde gave up on digging for information from his ancient power. The one kept sobbing while the one kept changing the subject.

He wondered if he accidentally picked up an ancient ghost, not ancient power.

Creak

The door to his room opened slowly. From the gap between the door, Cale's head popped in.

"Clyde! It's time to go. Mother and Father are waiting for us downstairs."

Like that, Clyde moved the ancient powers mystery in the back of his mind.

The night market was crowded with people. People with glamorous costumes show off their dance ability in the middle of the plaza. Clothing, local food, snacks, accessories, and even rock-shaped souvenirs could be found there.

Some people used a different kind of masquerade mask. The Henituse family was using a mask too since they didn't want to catch attention. They didn't bring a mage on their trip. So, their only option was to wear a mask and the redheads must dye their hair with a potion.

They choose brown, the color of their father's hair.

Cale used a puppy mask, Clyde used a cat, Jour used a red fox, Deruth used a golden retriever.

Hilsman used a raccoon, and Hans used a tiger (he wanted the cat one, but Cale insisted that the cat suited Clyde the most. In the end, Hans agreed that his second young master resembled a kitty. A sleepy kitty. Anyway, a tiger was a feline too)

And Ron used a rabbit.

"Why are you a rabbit?" Clyde unconsciously blurted out his thought. The kid shivered when he met Ron's smile.

They enjoyed the night. Well, mostly, Cale and Clyde were watching their parents tease each other.

The past few weeks, their father didn't have time to spend with family. His work as a noble increased because of something that happened in the capital. Their father would get busier after they arrived at the capital.

For that reason, Cale and Clyde decided to let their father monopolize their mother. Cale and Clyde could play with her as much as they want the moment they reached the capital.

From this trip, Cale could confirm a long-known fact: his father was a fool in front of his mother.

Whenever his mother suggested playing a game and making a bet with his father, his father would intensionally lose. No way his mother didn't realize it. However, she played along and enjoy her victory.

After the game, they danced in the middle of the plaza.

The music was not too loud. It gave a warm and cheerful atmosphere. Many couples danced happily. Cale and Clyde watched from the side while eating snacks Hans bought for them.