[05] Please wake up-2

Hello I am come back! Sorry for leaving you too long after what I did to our boys (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)
.
.
.

Beacrox Molan couldn't call the Henituse county his new home.

He wasn't ready to think of any other place as his home after what had happened to his old one: burned down with his mother and family. The home where he last saw his mother smiled.

Beacrox couldn't ever forget that bloodied smile. He would never forget the sensation of the sticky blood clinging to his body, the dust and dirt mixed in as he and his father tried to escape.

They were running away without turning around, leaving his mother to burn. They ran without stopping. And Beacrox wouldn't forget the humiliation when their noble family fell to the bottom of the hell.
They lost everything. They didn't even have proper food to survive.

Somehow they ended up in Henituse territory. They were exhausted and aimless.

His father tried to do his best for his survival. But, the patriarch of the Molan family is also human. His father was injured and did not receive proper treatment.

Beacrox hated this feeling of helplessness.

Then, a red-haired lady appeared.

"Do you need help? You are hurt. Or do you have somewhere to go?"

His father hid Beacrox behind his back. Beacrox peeked and studied the red-haired lady.

Usually, people would be wary or afraid if they saw strangers in ragged clothes covered in blood. But the lady did not suspect. His gaze was warm, as warm as how her mother had seen Beacrox last time.

The lady gave out a potion. His father considered it and finally accepted the potion.

Clack!

The sound of a knife clashing with a cutting board woke Beacrox from his thoughts.

"Why do I remember that time?"

It had been five years since he and his father ended up working at the Henituse's mansion.

Beacrox still couldn't think of this place as his home. But he didn't deny that he liked this place. The count's family was kind to him and his father. And he knew that this place was safe from the organization that hunted them. At least for now.

Sigh

Beacrox tried to refocus on his work. He looked out from the window. The sun was almost setting.

'Are the young masters still sleeping?'

The maid maybe would wake them up.

'Should I check them out?'

His father, who was usually in charge of young masters, went with the count.

'It is not good for children to starve.'

He finished cutting the vegetables and soon went to the room where the two young masters slept.

He stiffened when he smelled the metallic odor from the direction he was heading. As a member of the assassin family, Beacrox was no stranger to that smell.

Blood. A lot of blood.

He ran as fast as he could, did not care if he didn't bring his great sword or a single dagger. His father would nag at his carelessness, but that would be a matter for later.

Beacrox had not yet considered this place his home or this family his new family. But he didn't want people who were good to him to get hurt.

He didn't want the red-haired kids to get hurt.