Chapter 8: Midnight scum

Midnight and I have been flying for quite some time now. A while ago, she picked up a scent and now we are following it. Actually, Midnight is following it, I'm just riding her and hoping that we find Hiccup before my brother does.

She roars a little to get my attention. Beneath us is a ship, the sail is blank so I don't know who it belongs to but it's clearly not one of my brother's ships. I decide it's okay to land and Midnight and I start searching the ship. 

Midnight keeps sniffing around. 'What is it girl? Was he here?'

Midnight roars in agreement. So if Hiccup was here, then where is he now? The ship seems empty...

Midnight suddenly growls and jumps in front of me. I quickly mount her on instinct and look at two men who are climbing aboard. One of them has two hooks and he falls on the deck, completely out of breath from the exercise. His friend quickly falls down beside him. Both haven't seen me and Midnight yet.

Midnight walks closer and bares her teeth above them. They gulp, and I smirk.

'Hello boys.'

----- Time skip ----

So, after they told me that Savage has taken Hiccup, Midnight picked them up and threw them overboard again. Not that it was necessary, it was just funny.

Right now, Midnight and I are flying once again to find Hiccup. Finally, Savage's ship comes into our view. Hiccup is about to jump off it but he gets pulled back by savage. I sigh. How was he planning on swimming anyways? I can see his hands tied from here.

Midnight and I land on the mast silently while Savage pushes Hiccup down. I pat Midnight on her head and point just beside Savage. Midnight understands and right when Savage bows over Hiccup, she fires beside him.

He jumps up in surprise.

I smirk and wiggle my fingers. 'Surprise..... You have ten seconds to hide.'

Midnight growls and Savage quickly runs away. At least he's not stupid.

Midnight lands and I quickly dismount her. Hiccup looks a bit unsure. 'Thyra? why-why are you here.' His eyes dart to my now unfolded sword. 'Thyra...'

Does he think I'm gonna hurt him? I smirk and raise my sword. He closes his eyes. Idiot. I cut the restraints and he looks up at me in confusion.

'W-wait, you saved me? I thought-'

Suddenly his eyes widen and he looks at something behind me. I turn around and have my sword ready to strike, but it's not necessary. One look behind the man shows me his ship, which is one from the Defenders of the Wing. They would never work with Viggo. Although I've never really met them, I know enough about them.

This guy, however, clearly doesn't know me. He raises his axe at me but I quickly hold my hands up. 'Wait! We're on the same team. Midnight.'

Midnight's head pops up from beneath the deck. I frown. 'Do I even want to know what you were doing?'

I turn back to the Viking. 'I'm a friend.' I explain again. Hiccup nods in agreement. 

'It's okay Throk, Thyra saved me.'

the Viking, Throk, lowers his axe. 'Alright then, Male heard about the bounty and she send me to rescue you.'

I frown. 'Wait, you guys know each other? I was already wondering why you were here.'

Hiccup nods. 'Yeah, Viggo tried to trick us but we worked it out, we're friends. But that's a story for another time. We need to go, bounty hunters are everywhere.'